Secret War Journal[9 Nov 2008]

Sunday, November 9, 2008
9 November 2008
Phew! Okay this is going to be one super long post because I have not blogged for so many days. HAH.

I have been busy lately, hardly played any games(except PSP, Opps?)

Sheesh, let me slowly talk about what have happened for the past few days? Pretty please...?(lol)


Right, first on the list. NICA Awards...Onwards!

N.I.C.A. Awards (National Infocomm Club Awards) -- Singapore
This fall on 3/11/2008.

Zi Ying, Jian Zhong, Mr Goh and I met at sengkang MRT station first as Mr Goh have a lot of things to carry for the presentation for the Awards ceremony which will be located at HarbourFront, DragonFly@St.James Power Station.

Haha, to be frank, I didn't knew Zi Ying would be meeting us at Sengkang MRT station. So I was kind of shocked to see her(she being first among the three, I earliest)

While waiting for them, I saw ponti at the exit/entrance of the MRT station. So this where she goes before going to school.
Anyway she was waiting for Angeline, that part I know long ago already. :p

I reached the MRT station too early, nothing to do, so I went to get the "Today" Papers. The "mypaper" have long queue and that distributor have not even came yet. Wow! So popular. Sadly, I am weak at Chinese so I did not take that newspaper.

Mr Goh was the last, guess the amount of stuff he was carrying slowed his movement speed. Haha..

BTW, we're headed towards the HarbourFront, and apparently it was peak hours when we entered the MRT station. When we boarded the train heading towards HarbourFront, the train was flooded. We have to stand, some more we carrying laptops and projectors. Zi Ying was the luckiest, nothing to carry, I think that is because she is a girl. Then again, may be pure luck. LOL

So there we are, Mr Goh, Jian Zhong, and I reading newspaper while standing and carrying stuffs though we later place it on the floor but reading while standing was WAY awkward.

When we reached like two stops away, we can finally sit down because there are available seat at last. But I don't see the point of sitting when the journey is almost over. :p

Oh well.

At the exit of the MRT station, we met with the juniors. I kind of pity them, have to suffer with us. LOL...another day of holiday wasted :p....

Keller have not come yet, must be late. I called him. His father is taking him directly to the venue of the award ceremony. Okay, fine. If he's late, he's dead :p.

Mr Goh asked if any of us are hungry, I think he is. LOL....
Well since we're relatively early, we split, those have not eat breakfast follows Mr Goh to eat while the rest of us head towards the venue to set up our booth.

Finding that venue is quite easy since Keller and I went there before for the award ceremony rehearsal.

In the end, we won second and Student's Choice Awar

Yep, as the saying goes, a picture speak a thousand word. (and I lazy to type everything)

So hobey ho, let's go!

*Pictures are not in chronological order
*Click on picture to enlarge




Prizes for our team for Being second


Our Prizes, abit bright, I know. The background cards are our fliers!


Our Trophy! Which is accompanied by the two computers


The top of the bar we went which the venue of award ceremony was held at. I was kinda bored so I took this senseless picture. :p


Prizes taken from the side view, looks like alot of prizes inside right?
Inside: 3 PSP(Lavender Purple, Metallic Blue, Ceramic White), 5 Ipod Shuffle, $900 Challenger Voucher
+ $300 Challenger Voucher from Student's Choice Award.


From left: Keller, Jian Zhong, Mr Goh(TIC), Me!


Jian Zhong and Mr Teo, our instructor!


All of us, I hid behind the screen. LOL, I'm skinny enough to hide behind the board!


This is the stage of the award ceremony, our booth are at the second level. A lot of performances are held here but I missed almost all of them since we were tending to the booth. Sad right?


Our Booth! See that calendar-like object at the bottom-left corner? That is how the students vote for their favourite project. We won for that. We got a lot of votes! We cannot win without you guys! Thanks!


Presentation to Minister


Award Ceremony, we won second. I am holding the trophy while Zi Ying was holding the prizes.


Us being happy when we heard we won. HAHA!


Leader's Picture after we won.
From Left: Jian Zhong, Mr Goh, Me!, Zi Ying, Keller


Photo for teachers and instructors though Keller and I budged in. :p
From Left: Mr Goh, Mr ryan, Mr Louis, Keller, me!


Instructor's Picture!
From Left: Mr Teo and Mr Ryan


More photos of us, Zi Ying and I playing a fool. Looks like I shooting her right? LOL
I hold the trophy abit funny. HaHa!


Almost the same as the above, this time Zi Ying managed to put the rabbits ears on me. LOL!


All of us except the juniors
Zi Ying and I still playing :p
From Left: Mr Louis, Zi Ying, Jian Zhong, Me!, Keller, Mr Goh, Mr Ryan.


Trophy!


Setting up of booth.


Phew this one took me so long, will post another day about what had happened. Will take some time catch up but this was the major part so I should be able to post faster ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment