Secret War Journal[14 Nov 2008]

Friday, November 14, 2008
MOE Learn@1°N @ 14 November 2008
--
Today is the day for yet another award ceremony!
This is a competition called Learn@1°N Climate Herald which is organised by the Ministry of Education of Singapore.

We were asked to bring ties for the award ceremony yesterday.

Did I mention I woke up late today? I think I just did...LOL...

In fact, I was so late that I had to eat lunch takeaway. Went to Compass Point fast to buy Macs. Hee!

Then Met up with Keller and Qi Xiang to take a train to Buona Vista where the headquarters of the MOE building is located at.
--
Didn't did much in the train except that Qi Xiang keep asking me to play "Heart Attack", must be super addicted to MRT Heart Attack. XD
--
Ate lunch once I was out of the train and we walked to MOE Building. Turns out that we're earlier than Mr Goh(we're suppose to meet him there..)
--
Oh well, since Keller was thirsty, we headed towards the canteen to buy food.

Security in the building is very high which is a good thing. We have to register for passes with our identity card before we are allowed to the canteen.
--
Going in to the canteen, the prices there are quite shocking. Okay, not that bad but the staffs in the building are sure in for treat there.

They have different pricing for staffs and non-staffs(how come students are not staffs?...lol)

Keller and Qi Xiang bought fruit juices while I bought nothing, the pricing was too high.

After they drank finish, keller say he now very hungry(that fella...=.=)

We bought sweets because the pricing were too high for main courses. HAHA....
I bought Halls Sweets. :D
--
Then we walked back to lobby to wait for Mr Goh.

Keller called Mr Goh so many time(reasons unknown) that apparently Mr Goh was furious.
--
Then Mr Goh came, all right show's on. Putting on ties...
So we entered the venue half an hour late but it was alright because it was just about to start.

When we saw the timing for the events today, it was quite disappointing because we can only go home at around 5pm[GMT +8]. So depressing.
--
I bought a book to read, so did Keller and got scolded by Mr Goh because it was rude to read when someone is talking on the stage :p

Then Mr Goh said he needs to leave early so we take the trophy on his behalf and when I'm free, I give it to him so he can present it to our school principal
(it's school politics again.)

The proceedings of the events went faster than planned and the tea-break reception we supposed to have at 5pm, started at 3pm. WOW!

The food were nice though. Didn't come wasted.

That reminds me. The prizes are not good. I prefer the prizes from IDA.
Prize for second:
$450 TIMES vouchers, a bookshop that doesn't sell much in the first place..Grr..
Prize for merit:
$120 TIMES Vouchers.. Grr...

Not to mention the trophies that are not even presentable. I would be disgraced to show to others sia. OMG..IDA trophies are so much better than this, man!

Well, you would be thinking, it can't be that bad. Let the pictures show and judge yourself.
--
Note: click on picture for full size image. The right part has been cropped due to size limit.

Trophy and certs and Vouchers
Silver Award
Merit Award
--
Then we headed home by train. Keller was super sad case. He leaves the train earlier than us by one station. I was holding on to everybodies' certificates and he totally forgot about the certificate(maybe he was too disgraced to take it)
Anyway, I reminded him and he was at the train doors. Then the sound came, "Doors Closing..."

Oh wow, nice timing. He was deciding whether to skip a station and take the certificate from me or leave without the certificate. In the end, he didn't took the certificate. When the train was leaving the station, he was glaring at me. HAHAs....

0 comments:

Post a Comment