Secret War Journal[6 Jan 2009]

Tuesday, January 6, 2009
6th January 2009 about Teachers 2009
Hi! School started now long before so i thought it would be great to introduce some of the teachers that will be teaching my class for Year 2009.

Ms Tan Yih Tyan - Form Teacher; English Teacher; CME Teacher
Yep! You got it!
We have a Form Teacher that teaches two subjects! Not that CME will be greatly taught anyway...

So far she had not scream at us yet, which is a good sign.
She is doing a good job in remembering most of our name though I suspect someone was(were) nearby to help her for the first few days.
But hey, her lessons are enjoyable so I'm fine with it ;)

P.S: You know who told her right -,-||| Maybe not. LOL?

Mr Goh Kar Whee - Physics Teacher
Mr Goh is also our Physics Teacher for last year. He is also our CCA Teacher-in-Charge.
His presence and guidance in our CCA had allowed us to score new heights for our CCAs. I believe that our CCA had never won so much awards and prizes before. Our School Principal should be contented. :D

Apart from that, what sets him different from most teachers is that he had worked at the private sector before coming to work as a teacher.
Thus, he had many different views that most teachers may not have. Teachers do come from all walks of life, huh? LOL....

As of now, he's my first and only Physics Teacher I ever had(as do Chemistry).

I think he's good at xuaning poeple, I'm sure he's aware of that fact but when he does that it's funny which makes his class actually very nice to be in.

Mdm Ng Mui Hoon(Mrs Hay) - Chemistry Teacher
Whoo! Our Chemistry Teacher!

Her methods of teaching is really unique and proved to be useful in my ways of learning new stuffs.
She gives us notes with blanks and that piece of notes with so many blanks actually acts as an encouragement to listen to her class so as to fill in the blanks. To some, this method may not work but I do not like blanks. First, the note would look weird. Secondly, I would not be able to revise for my Chemistry Tests.

She also says alot of slang. It's not meant to be a negative comment. She knows how to balance proper language and slangs. She says slang in informal places(as in after class or when she's joking) so you will find she being very serious when she's teaching. But she do manage to slip jokes in between to reduce the tension.

But when time gets tight, hold your seat belts, it's going to be a long day....XD

Mdm Khaw Hwee Mung(Mrs Sim) - E.Maths/A.Maths Teacher
Our class so be glad to Mrs Sim for being so patience with us because so many of us are not able to hand in our homework in time.
I admit, sometimes even I forget to do my homework though I resolved to put it to the minimum(let's see...). :D

But I'm kind of worried about Maths, especially A.Maths. I hope I can score well. Who won't?

I'm bracing myself for some intensive Maths Training in the coming Months because we still have many chapters to cover...

Mr Abdul Rahim - History/Social Studies Teacher
This is the third time he is teaching my class history, second time teaching Social Studies.

He likes to try new methods in teaching us such subjects but I got a feeling that he will not try new methods on our class anymore because we're now the graduating class and to save time, he will probably use proven and efficient methods to teach us.

Mr Seah Kim Chye - Geography Teacher
O.o

Hopefully, this time we're getting a permanent teacher to teach us throughout the years.


"Mr Seah - our Geography teacher, he's funny as well, especially with his slang.
He teaching tourism then he came across a slide of a attraction in London which was actually a flyer. Then he criticise Singapore Flyer got stuck until damn funny!"- Lloyd
Note: I do not take responsibility for what he said or wrote.

I don't really know him much enough to describe him yet. So let's move on...

Mrs Png Nan Sy - Chinese Teacher
She's also the H.O.D of Chinese in our School. Ok...

Here's a quote on what she did on the first day we met her:
"my chi tcher is a total! omg!
the first thing she did when she came in was:
darren: 起立!
her: 等一下!我没有说 “上课” 你不要喊 “起立”。
her: (translated to eng) wad the dm's expectation of ur attire, i want it to be tht way. and all stand first, i want to check. so those whose socks and skirts.. u noe wad to do arh..

like wtf?!

and there she goes, checking the girls and guys and stuff, asking the girls to pin their hair, pull their socks higher, and yeah lorh. omg larh! really dun like her. and she still sae the target she set for us is:
for poorer students- A2
for students with good results- A1

omg! distinctions?! omg! really~~ and she make us memo 默写 and stuff. omg! cjk! we have been like cheating for 2 years (oops) lerh leh. now nid and want 默写. she want our lives arh.. :("- Alexia

"陈老师 - our Chinese teacher, she rocks! I really like her and her lessons.
She said that her objective is to make us get an A for our 'O' in May.
She's damn funny though she's strict can?
She go make a worksheet talking all about the Xiao Niang Re theme song and even a powerpoint slide with all the cast's photo and name in it. Damn cute can?
I think Chinese is my favourite subject now LOL."- Lloyd
Note: I do not take responsibility for what he or she said or wrote.

She is really different to the point like culture shock in the beginnning but at least she brings a fresh view of lessons. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment