Secret War Journal [23 August 2009]

Sunday, August 23, 2009
Wa...I sort of predict this is going to be a long post.. Brace yourselves! ;)

NCHS Prelims 2 Pt3 [2009]
This will be the final time I will be talking about this, I mean ain't you guys bored of talking the same old topic for the past three posts?!

Since some people are curious about the details, so I will oblige with this picture which will explain on behalf of me. :D
NCHS Prelims 3 Results

English Oral
Okay, back on track. First things first, my "O" Levels English Language Oral Examination.

One word, Horrible.

Elaborate? I screwed up.

At least I feel I did. LOL. I really hate being the first few students to take the oral Examination(mine was on the very First day, =.=)

Some people said the topic on that day was the easiest so far. I, on the other hand, think not. It's so difficult, so uniquely special that I totally had a shock.

Talk about oral blues...Brr...

Before you start screaming at me for not telling you what the topic was(please don't scream), I will share with you guys. ;)

Topic: Holiday/Shopping

Sounds easy? Think again.

Question 1: Tell me about a far-off place you've been to or a place you want to go.
Question 2: How do you like to shop?

Question one was manageable slight because I sort of overheard the question when I was in the waiting area which in turn allow me time to prepare for this question. Quite a number of us overheard too, talk about flaws of having an oral examination in an enclosed area.

Question two was in every way twisted beyond comprehension. The addition of the word "How" adds depth and bring complications. I got a feeling I did not even answered their question. (Which is probably why I think I screwed up...)

On top of that, our examiners on that day was horrible. Luckily for me, this incident happened after I left the exam hall.

As told by Angeline...[Adapted]
For starter's, we have two examiners who are invigilating us(try to imagine...). On the left was a woman, and on the right a man.
Halfway while Angeline was answering the question, the man dozed off. (Yes, appealing)
Shocked, Angeline stood up and rose her voice, (subtly, of course) so as to 'indirectly' wake the man up. The man, of course, woke up and smiled back to her. (Daring)
From the looks of it, the man sounds indifferent. O.o

Another incident, as told by Christopher and many others [Adapted]
There were rumours about another pair of examiners that day, that one of them muttered a swear word.
And many agreed and witnessed that on one occasion after a student finished his/her oral, the woman(the same) sprinted off. Some said that she was heading for a loo.(reasonable) while others say she couldn't stand it anymore(which is not so reliable)
What angered me was not the fact that the man(the one who slept) dared to sleep but the fact that he did not even made an attempt to stay awake. I don't mind yawning(it helps the brain) because that's hard to contain but sleep? There's so many ways to stay awake. Drinking coffee or tea, for starter's and those WERE provided.

Tsk Tsk...

"O" Levels Chinese Language Results
Wohoo!

Okay, don't get the wrong idea, I did not get A1 or A2 but I'm happy all the same!

I reached my goal! B3!

Wohoo!!

Sadly, my school is forcing me to re-take at the end of this year. (Spoilsport)

Friends' Results:
  1. Christopher Lim -- A2(D)
  2. Christopher Widjaya -- C6
  3. Cynthia -- B3(D)
  4. Donavan -- B3(D)
  5. Demond -- A1(M)
  6. Hai Jin -- A1
  7. Jia Xing -- C6
  8. Jie Sheng -- B4(P)
  9. Jing Ting -- B3(D)
  10. Johnston -- C6(P)
  11. Ker Shiun -- B3
  12. Marcus -- B3(M)
  13. Me -- B3(M)
  14. Pei Si -- A1
  15. Pei Wen -- A1
  16. Sherman -- A1
  17. Siew Yan -- A1
  18. Wei Siang -- B2(M)
  19. Ying Ying -- A1
Yeah, just some random people because I'm lazy to ask the rest.

In case you're wondering, those little letters next to the grades are the Paper 3 grades.
(P) = Pass
(M) = Merit
(D) = Distinction

Note: Paper 3 cannot only be taken once, hence these grades are pretty much permanent and hence so important in your decision in whether you wish to re-take at the end of the year.

Congrats to those who got A1 (which is half of my class!) :D

Checking of SGC
If I'm not wrong, SGC means Singapore Graduation Certificate. This certificate is awarded to you when you graduate from Secondary School. The graduating classes were asked to check for errors, during this week, in the Draft Version of the SGC so that our SGC would be nice and perfect when we officially receive it. :D

Here's how it looks like:
Cover Page of SGC
This is the cover page, some information has been removed due to privacy. ;)

The next page would be a blank page, followed by your "O" Levels Result.

Moving on, the following page would be your CCA Achievements and your CCA Grades.

The following picture is also not finalised(Because I'm still aiming for A1! Hahas!)
SGC [CCA Records]

Finally, this last page will be written by your teachers who assessed you and write a testimonial of your qualities, which may be useful when you want to enter certain schools. ;)
SGC [Personal Qualities]

Revisit: Primary One Registration
At the request of my cousin, I'm coming back to this topic for an update!

It has been confirmed not more than 2 days ago that my younger sister is successful in applying for Anchor Green Primary School!

But my family was too overjoyed to miss something - The orientation day, which was 3 days ago...

Yep, so we totally missed it, now the burning question is: Is my younger sister still successful in applying into that primary school? Guess we'll only find out when Monday comes...

Now we need divine intervention.

Overreaction
This hilarious incident happened today!

As told from my dad...[Adapted]
Today, my father dropped my Mother at the MRT Interchange at the dropping area so that my Mother can go to work. As my father wants to leave, he reverses and hit someone's car door.
(as to whether to the car door was already open or not is in doubt)
The driver, whose car was hit, came out and demand compensation from my dad. Thinking that the damage was severe, my father went out to take a look and assess the damage. To his amazement, it was hardly a scratch(if you can even consider that a scratch)
Damage? A tiny speck of paint from MY DAD's car was rubbed on to the other party's WHITE car. Now then, the white car's stained. Sounds serious, huh? My father went to rub on it, and the paint disappeared, or should I say flaked off.

Continuing the tale, the driver was pissed and demanded to claim from my father to have his car fixed(which was pretty much fixed by my father's handing rubbing off the paint...)

Obviously, this was too minor a damage to use insurance claim to repair. Hence, my father offered money as compensation instead and asked how much was the driver needs to fix it(LOL.)

To my father's horror, the driver demanded SGD 50 for the repair. (!!! Day-light Robbery!)
Luckily, my father refused and went off. The driver tailed my father back home(sounds like stalking to me...)

That's when I laughed. I mean, he actually chased my dad for such a trivial thing. LOLS!

When my father left the car, the driver called my dad to stop and give him my dad's IC. The driver said that my father was being ungentlemanly because he hit-and-run and all that stuff.

My father left him to his own devices and returned home.
You know, I got a feeling that the driver was using this opportunity to get money from my dad. With the context of recession now, who knows what people are capable of? But this is a first, demanding $50 for a paint-plating for such a small area. WOW. Just plain wow.

Worse, the driver's car was parked illegally, yet he had the cheek to demand compensation when my father was just dropping my mother for work. (I mean duh, that's a drop-off point?)

LOL. Recession makes people do funny things.

Phew! Long, isn't it? I even cut off some parts of my dad's story to make it shorter! For example, there was a mediator(an old man) who tried to resolve the commotion.

Well, next week would be my Prelims 3. another trial, another period of boredom. Until next week then...

0 comments:

Post a Comment