Secret War Journal [30 June 2009]

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Phew! Time really passes fast when you least expected it. The last time I posted, I was still enjoying my holidays!

Now? Today is the second Day of school already! And I hardly finished any homework. Opps?

Here's the not-so outstanding Holiday Homework:
  1. 4 x English Comprehension [2 Done with the remaining 2 incomplete]
  2. 3 x Physics Paper 1 & 2 [All done except a few Questions in Paper 2]
  3. 2 x Chemistry Worksheet [Done]
  4. A.Maths Worksheet [Done but may have missed out something here]
  5. History SBQ Excercise [Just Done ^^]
  6. Geography [Do not intend to do until teacher presses for it]
Ah...Come to think of it, that really is a quite an amount of homework here. :o

Great, so what's this fuss about telling us this stuff, anyway?
Hahas, true. You probably read all this stuff about homework if you went to my classmates' blogs but hey here's something different! My thoughts! That's what make this MY post, right? ;)
Now what?
As I was saying, I have some kind of reflection over this super-lots-of-homework-incomplete matter. To be frank with you, I was trying out a new approach to finishing my homework. Previously I used to do homework pieces by pieces. This meant that I kept focusing on that piece of homework that I was doing (sometimes, to the point of being stuck there forever...) until I completed that and moved on.
It's fine since I still complete my homework but what's not fine is that I tend to get super bored from this.

So here's what happened during this June Holidays, I decided to do the homework, parts by parts.
Yeah, I know. I did not manage to finish all the homework by the end of the Holidays but I figured that it was just time management (at least, that's what I hope)
But here's one challenge: The beginning was a brisk but the later part was mind-boggling. Perhaps I will have to spend time one day and try to perfect this approach. :->
--
Okay, enough about my homework, let's move on to some stuff that had been the topic on the headlines for quite a period of time.
--
Influenza A (H1N1-2009) AKA Swine Flu
Here's a quote from Singapore's Crisis News Website:
30 new confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1-2009)
  1. Singapore has confirmed 30 new cases (600th to 629th cases) of Influenza A (H1N1-2009) today, bringing the total tally to 629 confirmed cases. Though the number of infected cases has increased, the severity of the disease remains relatively mild. To date, 246 patients have fully recovered and the rest are in stable condition. Singaporeans should carry on with their usual activities whilst observing good personal hygiene at all times. If unwell, they should see a doctor, stay away from work, school or crowded places, and rest at home. In addition to these 30 new cases, 105 other cases were pending investigation yesterday. Of these 135 cases, 71 have been investigated. The latter includes 58 local cases, and 13 imported cases. The remaining 64 cases are still being investigated.
  2. The 58 new local cases comprise of a new cluster of three cases at Raffles Institution Boarding while Republic Polytechnic sees another 17 new cases.
  3. MOH would like to stress the importance of being socially responsible and exercising good hygiene practices, such as covering the mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing. This will go a long way in protecting ourselves, our families and at-risk groups of people who are more vulnerable to developing complications from H1N1, such as young children, those with comorbidities, and pregnant women.
  4. For those planning to travel, we encourage them to be informed of developments globally so that they can take the necessary precautions when travelling. The list of countries with confirmed cases and/or exported H1N1 cases is available on MOH’s website at www.moh.gov.sg. For more information on Influenza A (H1N1-2009), please access MOH’s website, call our hotline at 1800-333 9999, or visit www.flu.gov.sg.
- Extract from Singapore Official Flu Site

And here's a piece of old news, WHO has raised the level to Phase 6 for this Flu. Pretty serious, huh? True.

Now, you guys are going to groan (thinking that I'm going to drone on about this flu situation and stuff) but surprise! I'm not going to talk about this. :D
--
So now, why had I bought it out then? Read on... ;)

School Starts...(once more)
Getting a clear picture? We will see. ;)

Let's start with a quote! (once more. Haw...)
"the first sight at school made me chuckle a little today.
ms peh, me leow and even chowchow accompanied the security guard and pretended to be dentists!"
-Extract from Angeline's Blog


Obviously, they're not trying to be Dentist! (seriously...)

They are dressed up to prepare for the Swine Flu (pardon me, but I prefer the nickname of this Flu). And what impression they gave the students on the First day of school! Of course, this practice is still being carried out today, though not as intimidating as the first day of school yesterday. :D

Let shed light on what happens when you enter the school gates ;)
"Ms ... : travelled?
me: *shakes head*
Ms ... : well?
me: *nods head*
(i dont know how to spell the teacher's name =X)"
- Extract from Vanessa's Blog


So yeah, that pretty much will un-nerve anyone who totally did not expect this on the first day of school, not to mention their appearances. :o
--
Aside from this, some not-worth events occurred in school on the first day of school.
But towards the end of lessons that day, I got pissed. I'm not entirely sure why but I figure something that Christopher Lim said pissed me right off. But of course that's a guess and I figured I may never know. So oh well, live and let learn. ;)

But it left me doing some reflection. School may stressful but no matter what, we must all live our days to our fullest. Some say life is short, some say we will never know when our life ends. But no matter what, if we treasure and enjoy the days we lived to our very best, would we have regrets then? Maybe not, maybe we would still have. Who knows? But it's better to be optimistic than being pessimistic right? At least, I believe so.

So with that, I end my seemingly-long post. ;)

Oh, almost forgot.
I hope you guys all enjoyed your holidays
however fun or tiring it was!!!
;D

Best wishes,
Leroy

0 comments:

Post a Comment