Secret War Journal[19 April 2009]

Sunday, April 19, 2009
Second post this week! I should have posted this yesterday after I returned from my grandmother's house but I got side-tracked. Sorry!!!

Anyway, today's topic would be...

Nan Chiau High School Anniversary cum Prize-Giving Ceremony

Like I said on my previous post, today we have no lessons but Mrs Hay want us to go back for extra lessons on that day!
So we came back during the morning even though the Ceremony only starts at night.


The ceremony starts officially at 4pm at night. I arrived at school at around 3.45pm and quite a number of students have arrived.

In my class, Jie Sheng, Bao Lin, Cynthia, Wei Ting and Jia Pei already came.
Found on the seat, a leaflet and a thank-you card. O.o

And guess what, those are the only pictures I have to show you because I don't think anyone(except the school staff) have the pictures and we're not allowed to use camera in school.

Bear with it. ;)
[Click Picture to enlarge][Picture by page order]

Cover Page
This is the cover page of the leaflet and no, your eyes are not deceiving you, it's really only have this few colours. (yes, yucks)
And no, I did not photoshop it to make it look as if it is some ancient text.



TY card cum School Song
The Thank-You card attached with the leaflet
And I have also no absolute idea why is there four arrows facing the centre, as if it needs to be cut off.

School Song on the other side, I have no comments about it.(you make your own ;)


Activities
As you can see, all the performance are by musical groups. What happened to other performances like drama or something?

The Presentation of School Video was a let-down but it's okay.

Performance by Choir was greatly made fun of by Class 4E
Performance by Chinese Orchestra was....weird.
Emelia's Guzheng Ensemble will win them hands down.

Performance by Wind Orchestra - did not pay much attention to the music
But I like the conductor, so funny! He has funny facial expressions! Made it worth it to attend the ceremony. LOLs!

Performance by String Orchestra was a so-so. But I like the names of the songs. :D
--
Guest of Honour's Address was funny! He was like a comedian. Made me laugh several times. ;)
--
BTW, I omitted the Awardees List since you and I will have no idea who they are. Hahas!
--
And not all the programme took place, refreshment was not served to students in the end. Wonder why they bother to write it on a leaflet meant for students in the first place.


Teacher Awards
Congrats to these teachers! Especially Mr Seah and Mr Neo!!! You really deserved it!!!


Achievements
Our schools achievements for Year 2008(duh, it's written on the picture)

Funny that they did not write that my CCA won N.I.C.A.2008 in National Level but did include Learn@ 1N for 2008. Some weird space constraint? Hmmm....
--
I can't believe they dare to state that there were only 19 distinction out of two levels for Rio Tinto Big Science Competition. I'm speechless....


Acknowledgements
Finally, I cannot conclude the summary of this ceremony without thanking those who helped made this ceremony reality right? Thus, this picture above is dedicated to them ;)

-->Some Side-stories

During my Principal's address, he spoke in English first.
After the his address, we all thought he spoke finished and we all clapped. The Emcees appeared as well.

Then...
He started speaking in Chinese. The Emcees got shocked and retreated back to the backstage.
Meanwhile, the school jeered. What a disgrace to the guest....

Luckily, the whole school was not scolded by Ms Pey later. Hahas

After the Prize-Giving Ceremony, the emcees invited Guest of Honour to stay on stage to receive a souvenir from the school. But the Guest of Honour was preoccupied with thanking the student leaders and was leaving the stage while waving goodbye to the emcees. Then the emcees used a rather-irritated tone to inform the Guest of Honour to stay on stage.

ROFL?

During the entire ceremony, I was not hungry! Why? Bao Lin and Wei Ting brought snacks! Mmm!!!

I ate sweets and tidbits! Many thanks to them!
--
On one occasion, Cynthia gave me an empty packet. =.= Okay, so I asked for it but at least inform me it was already empty!?...lols.
But anyway, she's kind enough to give me some to eat. :p
So I owe her a word of thanks huh?
--
Anyway, Zi jie was very noisy. OMG, originally I was seated next to him (god save me...)

Thankfully, I was given opportunity to get away. (Thanks Ms Pey!)

But by doing so, I sort of sabo-ed Cynthia cus Zi jie was shifted to sit with her.

Oops? oh well..I hope she did not mind. Hahas. ;)
Now, was I too evil. Wasn't exactly my fault right? Heee..

My father told my mother that I was not coming back for dinner that day. So I ate less than usual that day. I'm so freaking glad that I ate some stuff during the ceremony or I would have starved to death. :p
--
And to think my father tried to scold me - For coming home early, when I did not. LOLs?

Alright, that's all. Good bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment