Cooked up!

Sunday, October 25, 2009
Secret War Journal[25 October 2009]


When I went out of my house today, I felt I entered a oven.

I was like, "woah, who switched on the global oven?"

LOL!

Since my National Examinations are so near(tomorrow, in fact), I'm taking this chance now to revise on Global Warming. ;)

Before I start, had I mentioned that I thought tomorrow would be the last day of examinations and the start of holidays? (Yeah. Silly me.)

...

Judging by the silence, I take it as a no. Hahas...Anyway...

Physical Geography: Global Warming
Effects
  1. Melting ice and rising sea levels
  2. Extreme Weather Conditions
    • Severe Storms |-> Increases rainfall in regions with wetter climate and may cause floods in those areas
    • Heat waves and droughts |-> Causes water bodies to dry up quickly and prevent clouds from forming, causing little or no rain.
  3. Impact on plants and Animals
    • Changes in the flowering patterns of plants and breeding patterns of animals
    • Causes rapid breeding of insects such as mosquitoes
Measures to reduce impact of climate change
Not exactly specified on Global Warming, which is a effect of climate change, but it fits. =]
  1. Mitigation
    • Kyoto Protocol |-> Reduce emissions of greenhouse gases on a International Level
    • National Level: Laws passed to reduce impact.
    • E.g. In Singapore, NEA made it compulsory since 1978 for all vehicles to pass a smoke emission test to ensure that the gases they emit are within acceptable limits.
  2. Adaptation
  3. Suggested by many scientists and researchers that countries take steps to prepare and adapt to the possible effects of global warming. These include relocating people form low-lying coastal area(to reduce impact on rising sea levels and melting ice) and prohibiting new construction in these locations.

P.S: Hope you like the cartoon. ;)

Source: http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/

Meanwhile...
Been doing quite a lot of mathematics this week.
Yes! Fulfilled my commitment to do a mathematics paper everyday. Wohoo!

So sorry for the other subjects which I did not make commitment. But I will make up for it next week. ;) Promise. (to myself.)

Meanwhile... I hope the upcoming mathematics papers are not as difficult(and definitely not more difficult than) as the November 2006.

For both Elementary and Additional Mathematics papers on 2006, I did rather badly.
*Tsk* *Tsk*

Perhaps I'm not used to not using calculator for the papers(yes! Can you believe it? We can't use calculator in 2006!)

Using a calculator became a habit, huh? Thankfully, I can still use in the examinations. Hee. ;)

Okay, tomorrow's my English Language Paper. The subject I'm most nervous about(for now)

I read some nice essays written by my seniors and I peculiarly like one that was filled with betrayal but the teacher said it is not recommended to write such a plot.

Aww..

Anyhow, wish me luck for tomorrow! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment