Green Lantern, sadists, and Munchkin

Saturday, June 18, 2011
Secret War Journal[18 June 2011][Long Post][Photo-Heavy]

Belated Birthday Celebration
Wohoo! Another morning, my parents ain't back from overseas yet.

Johnston, Keller, Qi Xiang, and Marcus have organised a birthday celebration for me. Actually, they intended to have it yesterday but I already agreed to go out with Christopher and gang to celebrate birthday. Hahas!

I guess we can't have everything squeezed into a day unless I decided to not sleep at all. Hahas.

Before that, I would like to say I'm really grateful for Cynthia, Pei Shi, Laura, and Debbie for planning to bake a cake. Hahas. Thanks for your thoughts. ^^

Alright, before I go completely off tangent, I was a bit late for today's outing actually because I was doing house chores before I could leave with ease. (you know, parents complaining the shit out of me when the house is anywhere but perfectly clean....)

Nevertheless, I met up with Johnston first at Daiso, Plaza Singapura. He was buying some textiles for Emelia because Emelia wanted some as decorations for her scrapbook (if I recall). The textiles there are really a challenging area, me not knowing what to do with them. Hahas!

Heading towards where the rest were, I had a hard time locating them because they were dining at a place where we seldom go in this shopping mall. Half-embarrassed myself for spending around 5 minutes looking around like an idiot because I ignored the possibility of them being there. Here's a lesson to learn. :)
StalkerNet

Of course, there's a reason why we're all meeting up at Secret Recipe.
Surprise
There was a cake!

Surprise!
My surprised face. XD

Photobucket

Slice the cake into half!
This is where we all got sadistic and tried to 'torture' the cake. The above picture is me trying to 'slice' the cake with my bare hands!

Cake!
Close-up shots of the cake they bought for me!


Cake!

Cake!
Caught admiring the cake, oops? :p


Initiate Kill
Going in for the kill!

Die Cake!
Excalibur!!!


Die Cake!
Widening the wounds of the cake!


Kill the Cake!
Look at my evil smile! O.o


Torture the cake!
A fellow sadist. With added sound effects.


Torture the Cake!
His trophy!

Really appreciated the cake and allocating one day just for me. I'm really glad you all meet and organised it. Special thanks to Johnston. :)

Hahas, the cake was sweet. :P
You people gave me a hard time thinking of a wish! :O Hahas!

Green Lantern: The Movie

Shortly after the clean-up of the corpse of the banana filled chocolate cake, we adjourned to the cinema above for a film of Green Lantern: The Movie.

I would say, this is a movie meant for hardcore Green Lantern Fans. Hahas!

Why do I say that? The climax was rather short. Worse, I thought that was a lead-in all along. Ah! Imagine how disappointed I was when one of the character did not become villain as I thought it would (according to the comics)

Oh well, not much cool effects. Average plot, not much action though.

Hahas, it's hard for a movie to satisfy me huh? :p

Fort Canning Park
After the movie, we went hunting for a place to sit down to do something.

From Plaza Singapura we exited and headed towards the Fort Canning Park for a desolated sitting area.

Well..... we couldn't find one but that doesn't mean we didn't have fun in the process. XD
Get me out!
We're stuck in the Fort! Noooooo!

~Qi Xiang teleporting away or trying to get out of here.


Get me out!
Guys! Don't leave me behind!



Mediate
Think Gongfu Panda.


Mediate
The Three Wise Men


Mediate

Mediate

Dragon!
No Kellers were harmed in the process of developing this picture.
--
This warrant a section of its own! Keller planking!

Planking

Planking

Planking

Planking


Munchkins
If you're wondering why we were looking for a place with tables and chairs, it's time for me to reveal (while I open my birthday present!)

Munchkin
Presenting the birthday present (left), an expansion set to Munchkin!

Munchkin is a boardgame that adapts a RPG style that is rather fast-paced.

So yep, we decided to go to SMU study benches to play our boardgames. :)


Muchnkin-eers
The Munckin gang!


Munchkin-eers
With the board games!
--
Once again, I would like to thank you guys for buying this wonderful present! I had a lot of fun today! Thank you!

Dinner @ Clarke Quay
Thought that's the end? No way! Hahas! After playing Munchkins, we headed down to Clarke Quay to treat ourselves to fine cuisine. Ah, it's been such a long time. I think it's the first time we all went together to eat there. :)

Ordering the dishes was very fun. We accidentally end up in a Sichuan Restuarant (which is known for their spicy recipes) and half of us can't take spicy.

Thus, we ended up ordering non-spicy dishes in that restaurant which was very queer by itself, and earned stares from the staff. Hahas, there was this point of time where the waiters were staring at us, looking worried. So funny. :P

I guess, we must had been the strangest customers ever and freaked the heck out of them. The boss even came over to make sure everything was all right. Hahas!

The Fish ultimately became our main dish. We had a relatively long debate whether to include a fish into our course meal as we didn't want to over-spend but it turned out to be a good decision as it really filled our stomachs. :)

To end it off, we're treated to fireworks! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment