Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Secret War Journal[25 November 2010]
The penultimate movie for Harry Potter is out!

I don't think I need to explain why it is penultimate and not the final movie, right? :)

Anyways, this is an outing organised by Wei Ting. :)

We went through a lot of hurdles to have this movie outing, well sort of. Hahas, I will illustrate why later, sort of. XD
--
I have school that morning but since the lessons end like super early, like 10AM and we plan to watch the movie in the afternoon, This means that I had plenty of time to go eat breakfast/lunch/brunch with Pei Shi, Laura and Debbie. :)

After that, I headed home. Wei Ting and I decided to meet up earlier to buy the movie tickets.

We went to buy snacks for the movie. Wei Ting already bought milk tea beforehand, super smart. She went to buy fried mushroom while I decided to buy Prawn Crackers later. I decided to forgo popcorn since no one want share cost with me. Hahas!

15 minutes before the movie starts, Bao Lin and Jie Sheng have not arrived! Oh dear, I was starting to panic. Wei Ting called Bao Lin while I called Jie Sheng. It turns out that Jie Sheng was still in CCA. Noooo! He was like saying that most likely he cannot make it for the movies. I was like, "Come man, I bought the movie tickets already!" Hahas, evil me.

In the end, Jie Sheng and I reached a compromise. He would rush to the cinema. When he reach, he would get me a call and I would come out and give him the ticket. There, settled. :)

Bao Lin, on the hand, was able to arrive at the nick of time. I think she ran or something. O.o

Luckily for Jie Sheng, the advertisement for this particular movie at that particular timing was unusually long. After roughly 10 minutes after we had entered the Cinema hall, the movie had not started yet. After around the 20th minute mark, I received a call from (yep, you guessed it) Jie Sheng. (Smack yourself in the head if you guessed wrong, haha!)

By then, the movie has started by a bit. :O

Now, about the movie. The movie was, in general, not bad though the middle of the film was rather anti-climax in my opinion. I guess it is because the opening was so climatic and adrenaline pumping that makes the audience demanding more action only to be disappointed that the middle was somewhat lacking in that manner.
As you would had probably heard from other reviews, this film is more towards the romance genre. I can't say I disagree for that matter. Hahas.

I know there is a need for the movie to be split into two parts but I feel that it would be much better if it just one big film. It would definitely be much nicer. :)

Oh, if you intend to watch this film, here's a word of advice: go re-read the book first! ;)

I believe we headed home after the movies so see you all at the next post then. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment