Flyer - The Third Experience

Sunday, December 19, 2010
Secret War Journal[16 November 2010][Long Post]
Yes, yes. I know. Sorry for the unannounced absence from the Blogger Universe for close to half a month?
(Before you people start counting the days, I was indeed away for around half a month despite the previous post being less than half a month ago. Yes, it's entirely possible. :)

I don't like it either, you have no idea how many drafts/posts I need to post right now. Definitely not a good sign for me. Hahas! Well, let's stop wasting time and start finishing this post, shall we? :)

Wait, Flyer? Again?!
Oops, my bad. Hahas, yeah I'm aware that I had board the glorious Singapore Flyer twice before this already thank you. To spare you guys, (and myself), the agony of saying my views about Singapore Flyer, or anything related about it for that matter, those details would be kept to the bare minimum.

No, I don't think the post would be short. (Shorter than a full length post but not too short, I hope. Well unless I got too tired or I ran out of time, that is. I mean c'mon, it's getting longer as I talk more trash at its prelude than the actual post? Oops? XD)

Laura's House
Before I begin, please bear in mind my memory sucks and it's been a long time since the actual event. Anyway...

School was dismissed in the morning/afternoon (I forgot why) and thus, we went for lunch. We did not have lunch together. (Look, I forgot why for that part too, drop that throwing dagger, thank you)

After lunch, we went to Laura's House to well... play and slack. His brother was with his friends, playing PS3.

Boy, her house is....very empty. Oops? Well, either it is because it is in good order or it's too big. XD Anyway, her house is two stories high. Not sure if there's a third. *Shrug* I did not do much exploration since I was in fact, rather tired that day. Hahas.

Played Bridge there and oh man, I can't believe there was this one match where Debbie just won without any resistance at all and her partner did not need to do anything. (HA!). Basically, pure ownage on her part. There's a total defeat for the rest of us, I can't believe Debbie could so lucky. :S

On the other hand, Laura has a rather comprehensive bookshelf (as do all readers, well maybe except me. :()
I don't have much interest in most of the books there though. Oh well, hahas. At least some of the series she reads, I read before, I guess. :)

Lastly, you should visit her house with Debbie. I should assign the job: Treasure Hunter to Debbie. You will know why if you ever get to have the chance to visit Laura's house with Debbie. Hahas!

P.S: Hmm, maybe not, I think Laura would just throw us out. :p

1st Floor please. XD
After that, they went shopping. I was dragged along, wow. They went to many places. I think we should call it the walk-a-Singapore Shop-a-thon. Hahas.

Sidetrack a bit,
Photobucket

There was a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows exhibition at Illuma, not sure if it's still there. :p

Still sidetracking...
Those were some of birthday presents we considered for Pei Shi. Ironic that we end up buying neither.

One particular thing of interest that happened during their fast-track shopping spree was the one where we never got past the basement of Plaza Singapura. Seriously, that's a first for me. I guess that day I experienced the true power of people shopping. Hahas! So what happened? Well... we were eating to our hearts' content at the basement. Boy, can Debbie eat snacks. She should be dubbed "Snack Queen" Hahas!
Mental note to self: Never compete snack-eating with Debbie. XD

Here's a certain scene:
~Debbie just bought a snack
Debbie: Should I buy that? (Looking at another food stall)

Owned. I think she's the first I met who thinks about eating something else when she just bought a snack. A true master. *Salutes*

My first Popeyes
We had popeyes at the sort-of newly opened branch near the Singapore Flyer.

This is my first time eating Popeyes and I had heard quite a good number of positive feedbacks about it so I was looking forward to tasting it myself.

Sadly, I must say it was a let-down. I have no idea why people say it's better than KFC. Chicken-wise and taste-wise, KFC wins Popeyes hands down. I mean, if you omit the storage method that KFC uses. (I have no idea how Popeyes stores their chicken, probably the same way?)

Price wise, KFC win by a bit? This makes it more pathetic because KFC is cheaper and much more DELICIOUS. Zzzz much?

Conclusion: Popeyes is overrated. Hahas!

In other news, KFC now has Pepper Chickens.....

My third flying capsule
PhotobucketGoing to Singapore flyer was rather retarded for us that day because it was raining. We alighted at the nearest MRT station and there wasn't a sheltered pathway to the Singapore Flyer.

Wonder why they don't want to just walk. Hmm... (okay, I asked myself a retarded question.)

Anyway, they(or we) decided to hail a taxi to Singapore Flyer.
(Yes, it's crazy. LOL. Hold that thought, I'm not finished. XD)

Yes, we managed to hail a cab.
Yes, it was hard to find a taxi stand there. So much for that station being a new MRT station.
Yes, we managed to find a taxi driver to go along with our crazy idea. (well, he would get paid anyway, no reason to say no and well he wanted to do a short one before going home....so yeah)
Yes, it wasn't cheap. Hahas!

Here's the real painful parter: The surcharge was much higher than the distance fare. So basically, we paid a bomb not because of its distance, but its surcharge. I bet that taxi driver must be thinking he just struck lottery after leaving us. Hahas!

Met up with Gerald, Wen Zi, Stephanie and Joanna before going aboard the flyer.

Attendee(s): Pei Shi, Debbie, Laura, Wen Zi, Stephanie, Joanna, Gerald.

First Time: With a professor, keller, and Qi Xiang - Day View with everything in sight
Second Time: Prom Night - Night View and all its splendor
Third Time: Raining, a new experience.

Well....I'm not only one who had board the Flyer many times... so when we board the flyer, the behaviour was well..... not like one who has just board the flyer for the first time. So yeah, you see people getting bored there and the likes. Wow, never thought I would witness that. Hahas!


One thing to note is that this time, the Integrated Resorts are completed and can be viewed from the Singapore flyer! But.....not everything completed yet, meh.

Met up with Yao hui and co after that. I headed home after that, too tired.

Hmm, this post is rather crappy. I got tired as I typed this too. Wow, remembering how tired I was that day made me tired now, amazing. Hahas! Well, at least I managed to put some random stuff which couldn't by itself sustain as a post. That helped to clear many things off my mind that I being wanting to clear. Hahas!

Hey, at least I managed to persevere and finish the post from the start to the end. Phew. Ciaos people!

Next up, the post on NCHS Prom Night 2010. All right!

0 comments:

Post a Comment