MJC Open House 2010

Friday, February 5, 2010
Secret War Journal[13 January 2009]
Okay, before I start on this post, I, myself, will need some serious recap. LOL!
--
The Original Plan
I was supposed to follow Johnston and friends to SAJC. But it was too inconvenient for me to go there and go back to Meridian JC. So here's another plan I thought out on this day itself.

The Improvised Plan
Remembering Wei Ting was also going to MJC, I asked her when she would be going to MJC Open House.

So yeah, that's pretty much how I ended up going with Wei Ting, Cynthia, and Bao Lin to MJC.

There was a secret clause, I plan to meet Johnston and Jackie there. Johnston would be heading for MJC after SAJC. Jackie would be going TJC first before heading for MJC.

Adam Robinson, founder of The Princeton Review:
No one bothered to teach you the most important academic skill: how to learn. Your teachers (and perhaps you) assumed that the ability to learn in a school setting was a natural gift -- either you were born with the knack or you weren't. This belief is entirely wrong. Learning is a natural ability, but learning in school is another matter. If school were structured in a way that better conformed to how you learn naturally, you wouldn't need me or anyone else telling you how to learn.

Random Quote, yeah. But I think it's cool.

Instincts
I walked all the way to my former residential area and took bus 89 to MJC, only to realise that bus 109 could reach MJC too.
I can board Bus 109 at a nearer bus stop. I could save way more time. LOL.

Let live and let learn. :)

Despite spending so much time walking to that further bus stop, I reached MJC earlier than planned. Hahas.
(Hey, the frequency of Bus 89 is way better than of Bus 109)

Oh! Before I forgot, I reached MJC's back gate and its back gate doesn't write "Meridian Junior College" in big font size. I almost missed that blue-coloured school campus if not for the fact that my instincts told me to alight.
As I was alighting, I was thinking, "if this is not Meridian JC, I'm going to scold somebody"
I think I probably going to scold myself. (for being an idiot) Hahas.
Thankfully, that's the school and I did alight. Phew! It's good to trust your instincts sometimes. :)

Since I was so early, the back door of the MJC was still closed. Gah!

Walked to the main gate. (yes I had that much time to do so) while waiting for the rest to show up. (No, not the magical way, silly)

The Meridians (see their names so cool, so much better than Nan Chiau-rens!) student leaders led us to take the goodie bags. I always feel strange when I take the Goodie Bags first when I enter another school's Open House because it gives me a feeling that I just came for the Goodie Bag. Hee...


Our funny tour guide. :D

Our tour guide is a student leader and he's pretty funny. Hahas

I remember this part of the tour...

Him: This is one of the most important facility, the toilet
(Walk a few more steps)
Him: The Toilets again.

LOL.

I know in MJC, there is one part where there is a lot of toilets(which was the part he showed us) and there is another section in MJC where there is a lot of water-coolers. Talk about clustering. :)

The Principal's Speech
The Principal was not bad. She's pretty good at cracking jokes too. Finally! A principal who can make students laugh(in a good way)!

One thing about her is that she's pretty realistic(yay!) which I'm sure would cause much confusion during her speech because she seems to imply that we should all go Poly instead. Hahas.

One thing sad about MJC is about the retainment rate. Haiz...
--
During the Principal's Speech, Johnston(using dalton's phone so I did not know who was calling me) called me but as I was in a lecture(sort of) I hung up.

Opps?

Hee Hees

The Game Club
Okay, that's short for Intellectual Game Club but I'm lazy to type. (okay so, I typed in full in the end, but I don't think that's the point. I think)

Spent a few hours playing in there.

Bao Lin is very pro in Blorkus! ( I hope I spell correctly)

Played some advanced version of Tic-Tac-Toe and Stress.

:D

Earned myself a scar there. Thanks Wei Ting/Bao Lin for the plaster. Hahas...
--
Cutting a lot of parts because I'm short of time so here we go!)
--
Lunch and Shopping!
After the games, with Johnston not anywhere in sight, we met up with the rest of the 4D Girls (wonder where the boys went to...)

After talking and sharing what had happened at the Open Houses, we headed off to White Sands for Lunch since the canteen at MJC was running low on food supply. :p


Upon reaching KFC, I received a call from Dalton again, this time I picked up and realised that it was Johnston. Hahas.

John: Emm, where are you now?
Me: White Sands
John: And where is that?!

John told I meant the White Sands Resort. LOL!

Sorry, my bad for the double meaning. It was unintentional!
-
After that, I tagged along with Eunice, Wei Ting, Clarissa, Cynthia, Bao Lin, and Siew Yan to go shopping before we all headed for Library and homed!

With that, THE END! :D:D:D:D

P.S: Told you I'm going to cut a hell lot of parts. Hahas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment