Mindcafe@Funan

Sunday, February 7, 2010
Secret War Journal[27 January 2009]
Alright, I'm like three post behind, can you believe that? Yes.

This is going to be a rather short post. Bear with me. :p

Details Details
This outing was really planned out of the blue and in a kinda short time but it was successful because there was only 4 people coming which made planning and coordination much easier for us. :)

Deciding on s Mindcafe Branch took the longest, I think.

We finally decided on the their very new branch, the Funan IT Mall!
--
I think at this rate, I can be considered their big fans because I had almost visited every single one of their branches around singapore. :D

Branches I had visited before coming for the Funan Branch:
  1. Boat Quay
  2. SAFRA Tampines
After visiting The Mindcafe@Funan, the only branch I had not visited would be the one at Prinsep Street which I have no idea where is it. :p

Call myself a Singaporean. Hahas.
Keller and I first before finally meeting up at Funan since it is along the way.

The agreed timing to meet was to reach the Mall at 12 noon. Meanwhile, Johnston and Darian would be meeting there at 11:45 while Keller and I would be meeting at Compass Point at 11:15.

At 10+, Keller and I were still using computer and I was like nagging him to leave his house since he is farther away from Compass Point than me.

He claimed that the shuttle bus is rather fast so he could definitely make it. (that I have no comments) But! He missed the shuttle bus so he had to run to the nearest MRT Station and rush to Compass Point. (That I have lots of comments. LOL!)

Opportunity Cost
Opps? I had been reading up on Economics (since School already started here on the other side...)

On that same day, Class 4D was going to Yi Cheng's House to  have a Steamboat Lunch. Cool! But I'm not going, hahas.

Before you say I don't attend Class Outings, I did. In fact I just attended one a few days ago before this Steamboat Lunch Outing(which reminds me that I forgot to post about that...which means I'm going to post this first before posting this. ;)

The class was meeting together at Compass Point at 12 noon, so I was there 45 minutes earlier for a totally different reason. Opps? Heehee.

When I reach there that day, no one from Class 4D came yet, tsk tsk. Hahas! Joking!

(Anyway, I might want to run for my life now since the class may come after me since I did not attend the outing. :p Then again, maybe not. :p)

Lunch with Macs
Did I mention my current favourite choice of food for MacDonald's is McSpicy?

Maybe not. :)

 I remember in my early days, I like the Fishburger, then came the Double CheeseBurger(I hate the pickles)

Then I tried McChicken until I found out the addictive taste of McSpicy. :p

Did I mention most of my favourite food are chicken-related? XD

Mmm! Anyway...back to the story, I accidentally took a lot of tissue from the counter because the chicken thigh slipped out from my burger. (Obviously trying to escape from my mouth. Hahas!)

The Games we played
Okay, we went to walk around, wasting time until the hour hand strikes 2 when the games finally begins!

Keller was complaining that the Mindcafe branch there do not have Settlers of Catan. Hahas!

We tried a new game, as always.

This time is a game similar to D&D, called MUNCHKIN.

Johnston won 2 rounds, Keller won 1 round.

Darian and I tie, at 0 wins. (LOL!)

Thanks a bunch to the three who ganged up against me. Hahas.

It's fun when you pit your wits against everybody. Large potential for success and large potential for failure. It makes the feeling of accomplishment all the more great and rewarding.
--
The next game we played was something like a hiking/trekking game to collect artefacts. I'm not exactly sure how to explain the gameplay here nor remember the game name. :p

But it was rather fast-paced and fun.
--
Went home after 5pm when the gaming ends.

Acknowledgements:
Photos: http://www.themindcafe.com.sg/ ; McDonald's ; Munchkin Picture

0 comments:

Post a Comment