Teacher's Day '09

Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Secret War Journal[31 August 2009][1 September 2009]--[Second Post]
-- Just charged Ipod :p

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY!!!

Said I would post about this. Hahas. I' sorry(especially to teachers) for this sort-of-late post because I was revising on my Additional Maths(hope I offended no one. Ha!)
--
P.S: And yes, I finally finished Ngee Ann AM Paper! Woots!
--
Alright, our school celebrated Teacher's Day cum ACES Day yesterday. Due to the current H1N1 pandemic, our school conduct a separate session for Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary.

The Lower Secondary were to first to attend the performance while we, the Upper Secondary, were downstairs conducting ACES Day.

Well...personally, I can't exactly comment on ACES Day since the whole scene was so chaotic that if our PE Teacher, Mr Lim, did not 'brief' us on the dance steps earlier, I would be completely lost. :p

The reason for the chaos, which I believe is, would be the speakers. I think they need to invest on a better speaker system because their voice were all muffled and sort of drowned by other noises. >=D
So I could only see the teachers' faces, giving instruction that were pretty close to shouting, but no audible strings of words reached me.(short of my own thoughts..hahas.)

Well, at least it turned out well. The school(or half of the school, since the other half was in the hall...) were able to get an idea what's going on(roughly).
Went through the dance twice before sitting down and doing some clapping sequence.

Did I mention I suck at these? Yeah, so I was basically 'clapping'. :o
--
What I really hate is that the school management decided to videotape the whole lot of us exercising. That's so embarrassing. (not to mention the sea of chaos it would had recorded...)
--
P.S: The Vice-Principal wasn't too happy about our chaotic 'dancing' there...oh well...
--
Hall Performance was really plain sad. I think the Organising Committee sort of slipped. I mean, they actually allowed three consecutive dance performance(not to mention similar dance styles).
God, what happened to other forms of performance? Like drama? (Sorry, I like the school drama club, they're good at comedy)
Three dances in series is like treading on the path called 'Overkill'...(No offence intended)
Get my point? Good.
--
P.S: And why choose Korean music...=.=
       No offence, but I'm not a fan of Korean Music...
       At least, not all were Korean Music....Phew..
--
Overall, I like the String Orchestra(one of the FEW that is not dance performance. *Roll Eyes*). One word - Epic! Woots! Fitting for the opening of the Performance in general. ;)
--
P.S: Classical Music is better than Korean Music (in my opinion) Ha!
--
Okay, before I spark off a 'music' war here, let's move on...
--
I don't exactly get the meaning behind single rows to 'allow councillors to move around' because through out the performance, no councillors were moving around. So er..huh? Did they just anyhow give a reason to justify this?

I mean, I'm pretty sure we have sufficient space to have double rows per class. *Roll eyes*

Hmm, maybe the real reason is to minimise the spreading of H1N1 influenza if someone in the hall is infected. (by increasing distance between each class, and in case you're wondering..YES, we need to leave a spacing between classes...Zzz)
*Nodding head* Guess that's it. Hahas, me and my logic.
--
But hey, I like the annual 'Guess the teacher' Quiz. It's so fun and creative every-time. :D

This year's prize: Chocolates! Hahas!!!
--
On to teacher's gifts.

I think this year, our class just stand out. From writing teacher's day dedications to making cards, to buying unique gifts.

Boy, you should have seen the Staff Room after the performances, the place was pretty much filled with 4D-ians! (And yeah, we're supposed to be in class, naughty us..but yeah...hahs)

And we accidentally caused a jam there. (opps?)
--
Let's see, I think I tell you about what we (jaytii, chris, lai yin) bought for Mr Goh.
We bought curry AKA Golden Curry.

If you're asking why, here's why!
Mr Goh's full name: Mr Goh Kar Whee. (Try reading it out loud ;)

After Mr Goh understood why, he gave us a =.= look. *Roll on the floor, laughing*

Someone gave Mr Goh a sculpture of Eiffel Tower. The rational behind is that Mr Goh is as tall as the tower. O.o
--
Meanwhile, Mr Lim got the 'Teacher's Report Card" which could be bought from ActionCity. It cost $19.90.
Wow~!
[Note: Johnston went to make his own one! So cool!]
--
During the performance, a boy went to Mrs Sim and gave her a banquet of flowers, knelt down in a "would you marry me?" style.

I'm not exactly sure if he did say those words but everyone else got the idea. :D

The thing is Mrs Sim is already married. Ha-ha but that's cute of him to do that(and daring).
--
P.S: Oh, and if you're waiting for me to write my teacher's day dedications here, happy waiting because I had already written them in school and I have no wish to publish them here. (call me shy, whatever...)
--
Ate lunch with Chris and co before heading home.

Chatted with Johnston, I have to really thank him, he really cheered me up big time. :D
Thanks pal. ;)
--
Johnston mentioned that Kong Hwa School, the primary school that we graduated from, did not allow him to go in because it was a normal school day that day for them. It's so sad. To us, who could not see our teachers, and to the students in there, have the school forgotten Teacher's Day?!

And yes, the teachers in there are also very sad, because we figured the school is celebrating Teacher's Day tomorrow(they had to, they better)

John also said that Mountbatten Student Care changed a lot. I should go take a look for myself one day.

For starter's, the spiral staircase is now walled up, the spacing beneath the stair steps were once open but it's now walled up. It' so sad..
--
John's retaking Chinese "O" Levels Examinations too. That makes both of us. :D
Should ask Marcus about this too. Hahas.

Alright! Done! Time to indulge myself with food. Hahas. I'm currently at home with my younger sister. Yeah, time to eat out again...

0 comments:

Post a Comment