Gunnery origins

Thursday, September 13, 2012
Secret War Journal[12 September 2012]
Life sure is amusing sometimes.

I am now one quarter done with my term as a conscript for the nation. With the completion of my Foundation Term last week, I had also reviewed my Wishlist for it. From the looks of it, it is actually quite disappointing. :(

Despite the fun I had during my time there, I was not able to achieve much of my personal goals. I guess a balance had to be struck, huh? To have fun, one must sacrifice achievement. Of course, in certain cases it is possible for both to co-exist but one have to admit that certain things require sacrifices.

So where am I headed to now? Having deflected a job offer to be a lone wolf, I am now a member of the group who are responsible for raining death on the battleground.
To be frank with you, I do not really have any idea what to expect from this new course. Despite the briefing I had today this morning, I left the place not knowing any more than when I enter. The main reason is due to the fact that they had not published the timetable and even if they did, they would only release two weeks' worth of it. How agonising is that?! Argh, that does make my blood boil.

(I certainly hope they realise that people cannot really buy into your ideology when you give so little information about it.)

Nevertheless, however sad the conditions the place there is right now (let's not talk about it), I am on this ship now. No point trying to sink it when it would cause my downfall too, I rather see it port safely at the end of its journey.

As aforementioned, since I do not have much information, I guess I will not come up with a list of goals for it just yet. Not until I know about it, anyways.

What I do know is that there would be more physically demanding lessons to be overcome. Goodness gracious, I wonder how I am going to survive all this...


On an another note, after coming out of my new camp, I met up with Keller for a quick catch-up. He just came back from overseas for his exercise and would be going for another soon. Boy, his life sure is packed!

I went to try out the Pepperlunch at Compass Point. It was definitely a new experience though I still feel a bit awkward watching them prepare the food in front of me. I cannot help but feel cheated. I mean that's it?! Man, I thought the preparation was more sophisticated. Hahas!

Gary came to join us later on. (Hmm, more like we join him later but details details... tsk tsk.) Apparently, he is in the same field as me but I could had sworn I never see him this morning. Dang, I must be dazed the whole day! (Maybe that explains why I feel as though I learnt nothing today. :O)

Lastly, guess what? I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 travel charger. Best part? I don't own a Samsung Galaxy S3. I would bet many people would start screaming Then why the heck you bought one?! Unfortunately, their charger is the only non-usb charger for Android phones which is the only kind accepted in army installations. It costs a bomb too T.T (so this is what the allowance are for...)

On the civilian side, examinations are coming... mid-term tests, preliminary tests, A levels. It would be quite quiet on my side for a while, having no one to talk to since almost all my close friends are studying... male or female... Either they are pursuing degrees, diplomas, A levels or overseas.

Guess the next few month would be tough. Regardless, I shall survive!

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." - Aristotle Onassis

0 comments:

Post a Comment