Past Blessings

Monday, May 12, 2014
Secret War Journal[12 May 2014]
I just visited my maternal grandparents recently. It had been a long time since I visited them and I think it really shows when they made a phone call during my lunch. My grandfather asked how I was doing now. Though his intention was good, I immediately felt guilty. I had been caught in my personal affairs that I had neglected taking time off to visit them. (Come on, we all know saying we do not have time is just an excuse)

Being a person easily guilt-tripped, I set aside time to meet up with them. Granted, I did not have time to arrange for my sister to join me (she was in the midst of an examination too) so it could be said that it was a hasty meet-up.

I really enjoyed dinner with them. As I grew older, my love for home cooked food just keeps growing hahas. I feel that it is increasingly difficult to enjoy food personally prepared by your love ones. That is why I really appreciate it when people prepares a meal. :)

Finally, my grandfather showed me something that is older than me. A company magazine from my mother's company. Here is an article covering my parents' marriage!

Mother's Bank Newsletter 1992 photo DSC_0080.jpg


After reading it, it kinda overwhelmed me with emotions.

Sometimes, I wonder if the older generations is having a better time than us now... One will never know.

I am sorry for making you worry. I should be the one making the effort, not you. I am ashamed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment