G.I.Joe: Retaliation

Sunday, March 31, 2013
Secret War Journal[30 March 2013][Spoiler Alert]
Before we watch the movie, we decided to spice this movie outing up a bit. Meeting up at City Square Mall, we had lunch at the Kopitiam housed in there.


After purchasing the tickets, we adjourned for some awesome ice-cream at Anderson. Unknown to the organiser, we had prepared something for him. Ending up in this restaurant was a ploy to our next phase of our plan. Not long after we settled down on our seats, a waitress arrived at our table, with an Anderson's Classics.
Happy Birthday, Johnston!
And the rest was savoured. ;)

Settlers of Anderson
While waiting time to pass, we started to play some board games.
Let the games begins!

Who shall emerge victor?
The Birthday Boy wins!

Retaliation
A sequel to the movie G.I.Joe: Rise of Cobra, I found the subtitle 'Rise of Cobra' more apt for this film instead. In this movie, we see the Cobra commander's rise to power with the aid of Zartan, the master of disguise. As we know, Zartan captured the president and impersonated him during the events of the previous film.

This prior knowledge did spoil a bit of the viewing pleasure from me. I felt that the execution of the plot would be better served with a plot twist revealing Zartan.

Nevertheless, it was a good move to wipe out most of the characters in the beginning. This gives the director the ability to focus on the more important characters. It helps to make this movie looks less clogged with too many characters.

Lastly, I am not a G.I.Joe fanatic. Thus, I am not really sure why was Cobra's second-in-command left out and not saved? I might had left something out. Hmm...

Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant

After the movie, Darian left.

As we had talked for some time, we came to this Restaurant for dinner. There, we met up with Keller.

This restaurant provides Tim Sum delicacy at an affordable price. Some of the must-try dishes include Shanghai Xiao Long Bao, Fried Golden Doufu (I ordered seconds for this! ^^), Plain Noodle and Onion La Mian, Siew Mai (took me some time to realise there are prawns inside. :O)

For those who had yet to try out this restaurant, I strongly recommend you to try it out! I guarantee that you would not regret it. :) 

Getting there:

"Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

0 comments:

Post a Comment