IDA -- It begins

Monday, December 26, 2011
Secret War Journal[December 2011]
Yep, I had officially started my internship! Wohoo!

Unfortunately, I cannot discuss much details of my work publicly because of certain sensitive information. While I can't disclose to you information about my work, I would share with you events that happened during this period of time, that are non-work related of course. :)
--
This post would be mostly introducing my job and it's environment. :)

So where do I work? I work in a cool building situated in Mapletree Business City. The security there is pretty advanced AKA cool. :)

I am not sure about the security about the other buildings but my workplace should be one of the coolest! =D

I'm on the 9th floor! Find me if you have access to that floor! :)

My Colleagues
I would try to introduce most of the people I met during my internship. Of course, my period of internship is short so I am unable to give much comment on them. (I am after all, more concerned of my weaknesses. :P)
  1. Joan, fellow MJC-ian. She is sitting opposite my workstation. She is from another team though we are both in the same division. :)
  2. Joycelyn (I hope I spelled your name correctly), a polytechnic graduate, probably leaving on 9 January. She often joins Joan and I for lunch for the past few weeks.
  3. Xiao Zhou, MJC Junior. He completed his internship on 23 December.
  4. Terence, my mentor. He's a great guy who wants me to learn as much as I can during my internship. Preliminary, I believe I would enjoy learning from him. :)
  5. Kiranjit, also my mentor. She is very efficient and I think it would be great to learn from her. ;)
  6. Jenny, she is very quick in thinking. I feel inferior at how fast I can think of critical questions on the sport. Wow.
  7. Sophia, sort of Joan's mentor as well. She's a nice lady and I foresee working with her for some of my projects. :)
  8. Melvin, it is fun to have him in meetings but I think he's really busy now too.
  9. Johnston, my best friend. Joining us next year.
  10. Others who I really have no idea how to spell as of now. Sorry.

A Visit
Before I end off this post, (yes I know it is really short but I am running out of time. ): I would like to share a particular event about a visit by Yan Mae, our friend.

One day, Yan Mae visited us during lunch time as she happened to be nearby.

During our conversations, I realised Yan Mae was also helping out at the Meet-the-PAP sessions and is actually a member of Young PAP. She is helping out at in Bedok while I'm helping out at the Pasir Ris. She was interested to helping out at Pasir Ris instead.
I encourage her to, since the place is nearer to her place of residence but we also need to take into consideration the consequences of changing wards. After all, it is not very nice to just pack up and help out at another place (sorry for being a sentimental guy). But I guess in the long run, it would be easier for her to help out at Pasir Ris instead. :)

Yan Mae, being Yan Mae, still teased me the moment we met. Tsk tsk. Nevertheless, I was sure we all had a great time when she visited us, not many would bother to visit us when we are working. It really takes some effort and I appreciate it. Thank you. :)

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." - George Washington

0 comments:

Post a Comment