Secret War Journal[30 May 2009]

Saturday, May 30, 2009
What a week! I could have sworn this was the most boring week I ever experienced in my entire life! I will tell you why in a few moments but first...

Results[Part 2]
Guess what? I forgot that students are given back their result slips on the last day of school (partly because I was not aware the school term was ending...)

So to make things convenient for you and myself, I decided to show you the finalized results of all my subjects. There have been some changes to my marks since the last time I posted. :o

NOTE: Click on image to enlarge.

Page 1 of SA1 Result Slips 2009
Page 2 of SA1 Result Slips 2009
So as you can see, my L1R5 is 13. Even though I got 3rd in Class and 15th in school, my performance for most subjects have dropped, with only Chemistry, E.maths, and Chinese improved. Like I said last time, my A.Maths was tragic. Not to mention English now...

Anyway, being 3rd in class symbolise nothing except the addition of stress of maintaining that ranking. (With many plotting to overtake me now, and I cannot be complacent as there are still many Prelims to go and most importantly the "O" Levels)

So, all in all, my life just got more complicated and less enjoyable but the feeling is good, though not as good as I thought. I don't exactly feel a sense of accomplishment, maybe I will only get that if I score well for my "O" Levels Examinations...

Meanwhile, life goes on, upcoming would be my Chinese "O" Levels Examination(the one I least confident about) which will fall on the very first day of June Holidays(this Monday...). This is then followed up by several Science Practical Assessment Practices on that very same day(Practically screaming now).
On the fourth day of my Holidays would be my Physics Science Practical Assessment. On the sixth day of my Holidays would be my Chemistry Science Practical Assessment. My life is getting sadder by the month.

If you ask me why I sound so depressed, I believe I had been hearing too many bad news. Science Teachers are pressing those who did not score well for the examinations(though I'm not one of them) to drop to combined Science. The way they preach was like they want the entire class to drop, which is depressing. And another blow to morale would be some of my class 'elites' are also considering to drop to Combined Science. =.=
Actually, I feel that the more 'elites' that are dropping to Combined Science, all the more you should not drop, because there would be fierce competition there. (ha!)

But case in mind, I cannot afford to drop. Yes, I'm in a perilous situation, if I ever drop to Combined Science, I'm as good as dead. And here comes the element of risk, if I do not score well for Pure Sciences for my "O" Levels Examination, I'm as good as dead too.
Ah, the irony.

Now, to explain why this week had been boring.

Because of the upcoming Chinese "O" Levels Examination, I have been revising Chinese for the entire week! I mean, I actually revised! First time for my entire lifetime! Wow.

And the time used was not exactly wasted, I feel that I am finally of the Primary School Chinese Standard! Woot! I feel so accomplished! But yeah, I'm a secondary student which means I'm so screwed through and through. Sigh.

My Chinese Teachers wants the entire class(including me) to get A1 but personally, I'm aiming for A2. Getting that would be best marks for Chinese since I stepped into Secondary School Life. O.o

Why can't life be without obstacles and challenges? I guess that what makes life so fun...

Sometimes, I can't help but wonder what will happen after taking my "O" Levels Examination. To many, it is the end of the dark tunnel they had been in. But it seems to me that the exit is just as grey(uncertain). So my question after taking the last paper would be: "Okay, now what?"

Would I panic over the potential risk of me not scoring well or would I be pleased with my performance and enjoying life? I guess it's about my mentality then...

Oh great, I feeling even more sad now. I'm starting to feel a cloud of 'DOOM' above me. (I was kidding, serious!)

Oh, before I forget. My school is organising a prom night for us after our examinations! How cool is that?
Okay, being me, I'm not exactly very happy some details about the prom night(which is why I'm undecided on whether to attend). We read much about Prom Night in Foxtrot but whatever.

I'm not happy about:
  1. The food - they seriously need to amend, the food selections are a disaster.
  2. The time - it's too early for me to decide! What if something coped up?
  3. The Venue - the cool management team still could not decide on a venue *Roll eyes*
  4. The Dress Code - no one knows, it's a grey area. *Roll eyes*
  5. The Games - Once again, no one knows, yet another grey area. *Roll eyes*
  6. Money - like everything, money is a factor. It cost a whopping SGD$60 for entrance fee(ouch.) Not to mention the clothings that I may need to buy. Thankfully, as of now, money is not an important factor (yet)
  7. The prizes - I don't need prizes, so why am I paying for the prizes? *Roll eyes*
  8. Too many unknowns - as shown above, there are many things that...no one knows...
So yeah. 'Wow', just plain 'wow'. You got to love the Management for this. 'Seriously'. *Roll eyes*

I so hope I did not waste my 60 dollars in the event I decided to attend.

Alright, this post is getting too lengthy, so I'm ending it with this:

TO ALL SINGAPORE SECONDARY GRADUATING STUDENTS THIS YEAR,
I WISH YOU GUYS GOOD LUCK FOR CHINESE "O" LEVELS EXAMINATION!!!

P.S: That includes me ;)

With that, I thank you for reading this super-unusually-long post. =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment