Secret War Journal[9 May 2009]

Saturday, May 9, 2009
Happy Mother's Day 2009~!

Well, my family celebrated Mother's Day last week.

Sidenote:
To be frank, I did not even know Mother's day was near until I was informed by my father. And I thought last week was Mother's Day. Cynthia said I was evil. Even Penny agrees. Hahas. Hey, I am a crude guy who don't bother to remember Father's or Mother's Day. Why bother showing filial piety to your parents on only one day? Shouldn't you be exercising it every single day?
Anyway, last week's celebration was rather fun. The main thing funny that happened there was Qi Xian purposely mixing up the crabs and prawns.
So there we are, saying prawns are crabs and vice versa. This started off when Qi Xian kept saying every single dish coming up would be crab and on one occasion, it turned out to be prawns. Of course, being 'cruel' cousins we are, we laughed at him and throughout the entire meal, we referred the prawns as crabs and crab as prawns.

And we were like saying, "The prawns nowadays are so large and the crabs so small now"

Really funny. ^^

Now for updates on school affairs: Exams --> Prelims

I had two papers recently:
  1. Chinese
    1. Paper 1 was challenging
    2. Paper 2 seemed easy but utterly no confidence
    3. Paper 3 was just confusing

  2. English
    1. Paper 1 was average, slightly nervous. I wrote about 'Acceptance'
    2. Paper 2 was finished too fast to my liking, I had spare time even after rewriting my summary 2 times. I believe I have insufficient points for my summary. So overall, Paper 2 was difficult.
And I got back some of my tests before the official launch of Prelims:
  • A.Maths Paper -> 70/100 (Pity I did not get A1)
  • Physics -> 20.5/50 (Yes, I'm aware I wrote that I got 20/50 from my previous post)
  • History -> 11/12 (WohoO!)

Now to something more about current affairs.

Swine Flu
Okay, I know that this is not its official name anymore but I think "Swine Flu" sounds more cool that H1N1 Influenza A.
Overall, I'm glad that Swine Flu acts much more like seasonal flu than deadly. That changes things a lot down here. Several drastic measures had been taken in my school which shifted our examination from the Examination Hall to our respective classrooms. It's a disappointment, I like the feeling of being the Examination Hall despite it being too cold and other stuffs.
However, it is a good thing that Singapore was not affected. The measures taken by the Government and involved communities proved to be successful and prevent the spread of Swine Flu.
They also succeeded in not causing general public panic during the crisis. For that, I believe that they deserve praise.

Arrest of Mas Salamat
This is really recent and I feel that his arrest is a great morale boost to those combating terrorism. This shows that despite some being able to escape, they would eventually be captured once more.
But this issue is a rather sensitive one. Hence, I will not go too in-depth on this subject.

Right, I need to sleep now. My next paper would be on Additional Mathematics, wish me luck! ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment