Brotherarms Meeting 01122009

Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Secret War Journal[1 December 2009]
Okay, this is seriously overdue. My bad! :p

Without further a ado, let get this up and running!...
Meeting up
As is tradition, I would always meet up with Marcus first at Compass Point. :D
Since this meeting is unique, we met up earlier than usual, in fact 10AM.

Jackie requested us to be present by 11AM. I don't mind. It's been a long time since we met and we would sure to have lots of things to talk about. XD

Meeting place was the usual though I felt seriously out-of-place when Marcus had not arrived.

10:02AM: Arrived at designated location, no sight of Marcus. A group of youngsters are around too, but for different purposes. Of course.
10:07AM(I think): More people arriving for the same purposes as the first group. Starting to feel out of place. Marcus, you better get here soon.
10:10+AM(I think!): Marcus arrived. Phew!

Note to Marcus: See? I'm seldom late! The previous time was a isolated case! (okay so you already knew, but I was trying to clarify. :p)
Preparations
Well, we(rightfully, I should say Marcus) had prepared a surprise for Jackie. Hee...will not spoil the fun yet but no worries, I will reveal in a few sections later. XD

Since we're all in a Christmas Mood, it's no wonder that Compass Point is selling Christmas Tree.

Marcus: The trees are so expensive! Wait...do you recall that we met here around this time too last time.
Leroy: Exactly! How come these trees cost so much?!...oh yeah, is it just me but we had this conversation before. *Laughs*
Marcus: And these trees are fake...

Just for the sake of clarifying, the trees we were referring to were Christmas Trees. :p
They were also selling Console Games so we went to take a look.

*Looking for PS2 games(since Jackie owns one)*
Manager(I presume): Erm, sorry, we're not open yet.

Ohhhhh....anyway, there ain't any PS2 console game displayed there(and little wonder in that too.)

Man, I'm hungry. Time for breakfast!

Went to Old Chang Kee for Breakfast since it is one of few food stalls open then, :o
It's okay, I'm into Old Chang Kee recently. :p

Mmm..Fried Chicken and Fishball. (yeah, me and my randomness. No idea why I ordered those. Hahas!)
P.S: I just need $0.10 more to get a free cup of Soy Bean Milk! Nooooo!!! LOLs?

After buying the food, (I sort of tempted Marcus to buy as well, I think. :p) I realised that I can't board the bus. HA!
It's okay. We finished the food and I went to clean my hands and we're ready to set off! ;)

Reaching the Bus Interchange, the Boarding area for Bus 83 is empty. I think that means we just missed a bus. Great....

Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting...

Jackie called, reminding Marcus to reach there by 11AM. Tut Tut. I was confident we could reach there punctually.
How memory fails us all
The bus finally came! Woots!

Alright! As we wait for the bus to reach the bus stop that we want to alight, let me enlighten you on some background information.

So what's the surprise that we have for Jackie? Simple, a birthday present. (that cost a bomb)
To be exact, Chocolates.

Now here's the problem. We weren't sure if Jackie's Birthday was tomorrow.

Big Opps?

Hey, we both used our rusty old minds whose instinct tells us that Jackie's Birthday SHOULD fall on tomorrow.

And yeah, with that uncertainty, we got him a birthday present. Hey, I mean if we're wrong it can be a door gift. :D

Right?

Marcus: Is this the stop that we're supposed to alight?
Leroy: Not sure. I know we need to alight at the stop opposite a supermarket and I don't see it...
*Bus moves* *Supermarket opposite prior bus-stop comes into view*
Leroy: Erm..I think we just missed it...
*I think Marcus gave me a glare(okay, Marcus say he did not give me a glare so there's there :D) or became crestfallen*

So, given the circumstances, we alighted at the next stop. Main worry? Ironically, it's not about we reaching there late but the melting chocolate. And so we walked fast.

The distance from the two bus stops seems surprisingly short. Wow.

Leroy: Okay, I think we have another problem.
Marcus: What?
Leroy: Where's Jackie's house? I've no absolute idea! *Laughs*
Marcus: I know.
Leroy: Thank god!

Did I mention that my memory sucks? I probably did. XD
--
Going up the lift, yet another conversation occurred. (C'mon, I'm forever talking! Yak Yak Yak.)
Marcus: Do you think Jackie's mother and sister will be there?
Leroy: I think so. They always do.

Well...our conversation was cut short since we reached the floor and there were people outside.

Two people, in fact.
One adult and one child.

And the adult is very familiar....now where had I seen that before.

Adult: Marcus?

Oh...now I remember, she is Jackie's mother, then the younger one must be...

I think that's rather self-explanatory.

When the two of them entered the lift and left...

Leroy: Speak of the Devil!
Marcus: LOL! You took the words out of my mouth! I was going to say that!
--
Reached Jackie's House. (Yeah, it's just the beginning and so much already happened! OMG!)

Now for the burning question: Is tomorrow Jackie's Birthday? Let us find out.

(Bear in mind that this conversation took place at Jackie's House's Doorstep.)
Marcus: Jackie, is tomorrow's your birthday?
Jackie: No. Why?
*Oh crap. Oh crap. (Basically chanting)*
Marcus: Nothing.
Jackie: Actually, it is.
Marcus: You!
No offence intended. That's Jackie for you! :p Heehee!

And if you thought that's why I choose such a heading, too bad! Hahas!
--
Apparently, Jia Xing already reached and he was playing Starcraft. O.o Getting trashed by A.I.

Somehow, I ended up playing it too, sort-of trying exact revenge on the A.I.

Leaving out the details, I lost too. T.T *emo* LOLs!
--
Then we started talking about our primary school life and how it changed so far. Some way or rather, we went to facebook to find our 6/5 classmates.

And boy, had we forgotten so many people that we never knew was part of our class. It was not intentional! We're really sorry!

But we remembered now, thanks to Jackie's well preserved class photo. :D
(now you know why the heading was named so? XD)
Lunchtime
Some things changed, no more fried rice (can't say I don't miss them. :o) but chicken rice instead,
Thank you, Jackie's Mother for spending time to cook for us! Appreciated!

Meanwhile, Marcus pretended that he was a smoker and he is suffering from withdrawal symptoms and he's on a diet. (unfortunately, he's not on a diet. Opps? :D)

Talked for a while before Zhi Wen arrived.

Sad that Jia He could not make it. Why you fell sick on this day?! LOL
--
One of Jackie's PS2's controller turned out to be faulty. Jackie did not know beforehand because he only plays that when we come. Oh well.
(bet marcus must be glad that he did not buy a PS2 game after all. Hahas)

Talking resumed....about what is anyone's guess. ;)
Video to show

--
Did I miss out anything else that is of interest? Think not. Guess I sign off here now. :D

Next up, my adventures on job hunting! :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment