NTU Dorm

Sunday, December 2, 2012
Secret War Journal[1 December 2012]
Today I was given an opportunity to see how a dorm looks like in NTU!

I have to thank Shereen and Erin for the invitation, hahas! I felt like some real estate buyer viewing their rooms. :P
--
Backtracking a bit before I tell you how's the rooms like in NTU Dormitory, before meeting Shereen and Erin in NTU, I met up with Keller and Qi Xiang for some LAN gaming first. Marcus was invited but he was summoned to the office to finish some pressing issues. I did not invite Johnston as I thought he had lessons that day. (As it turned out, Johnston did not have lessons that day. Ah, I feel so bad now. :( On the bright side, he should be studying for his upcoming examinations so I should not distract him. ^^)

We really caught up a lot since it has been what? 1 or 2 months since we last met Keller? That sure felt like a long time. Hahas!
--
A trip roundabout the train
After having a great time with Keller and Qi Xiang, playing DotA 2 the first time in 3 months, I headed off to NTU.

Only to realise it would take around 40 minutes to reach Boon Lay Station from Dhouby Ghaut. Oh dear, I am going to be late. Big time. Oops?

(I found out later that when they found out how long it was going to take to reach the place, Erin decided to take a nap in her room. LOL!)

To make matters worse, I did not realise that Boon Lay was not terminal station for the East-West Line. *Facepalms*
But hey! I had not reached the last stop of the train yet! I am still at least around 5 to 6 stops from Joo Koon, the last stop, according to the LED board on the train. Thus I made the realisation in time. *Beams brightly*

Unknown to me though, the LED board actually malfunctioned.
At the stop after Jurong East Interchange, the train came to a complete halt and an announcement were played, telling all passengers to alight. I was like, "what happened?"

I came out to realise I am at Joo Koon. *Facepalms*

Of all trains to have a malfunctioned LED board, I am in that one. Awesome. At this moment, I remembered laughing manically (which was kinda embarrassing) while calling Shereen to inform her that I would be even later than expected. I recalled her laughing as well when she heard the news. This was too stupid a mistake, hahas!
--
Palette
After all the trouble, I finally reached NTU. After meeting up with Shereen, we headed off to a (erm... restaurant? no,) cafe named Palette (I hope I spell correctly!)

Erin met us there, we managed to wake her up and got her to come over! Hahas! Oops, I am being mean. :P

It is a basically a cafe that serves western food while providing a place for people to study (ahem, I mean mug) though I think most prefer to just dine here and go back and study (I feel that it is less depressing and less troublesome, trust me)

As usual, I ordered chicken chop with black pepper sauce (which my father would have something to say if he finds out since I always order that when trying out new western restaurants or cafes. :P)

You would have to agree that it is a hard dish to screw up, no? Anyways...

We did quite a bit of catch up and Shereen gave me further pointers of what my Business course would entail when I enter the university. All in all, not very positive. :O
--
Bigger than expected?
The moment has come!

Entering Shereen's room made me realise that it was a lot bigger than I had expected.

Granted, I noticed later that there are actually 3 occupants in the room but it was supposed to be a room for 2. I believe it is bigger than a shoebox apartment?

I like the idea that they joined the beds together, leaving a moderate amount of space at one side. I think it is better than having that space in the middle, between the two beds instead because it makes the room appear smaller? (No to mention, the inability to lean on the wall, man that would suck! XD)

Mentioning about space, oh god the amount of books for Business course, alone! It is the first year and there is already a great number of thick books on the table for Business (plus, according to her, she is sharing textbooks with another coursemate, meaning the stack here is only half!) Oh god! (I just have to exclaim twice)

However, I felt that the room, despite the space, was still a bit confined due to the shape of the room. It gives one the feeling of stuffy, especially with the air conditioner being present in the room! (And the fact that you cannot use it! Gahh!!! Unless you pay of course, which you try not to because your school fees is just that high!)
I suppose it is not that bad when you open the windows. (Honestly, the only reason why I felt that way was because I saw the aircon in the room. Gahh! Don't get me started~!)

As I reached the University quite late, after snapping a few photos of each other and taking group photos, it is time to go.

Before that, Erin brought me to her room to see the difference between Halls. I did not spend long in her room though, just took note of the shape of the room and the size of the room (Cheryl, her roommate was sleeping. Awkward!)
Man, Erin's room is even bigger. I am going to aim for her hall! Hahahas!
--
Alright time to go home. Had a blast today!

*Nods off to dreamland in bus*

"It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense." - Robert Green Ingersoll

0 comments:

Post a Comment