First Book Out

Friday, March 23, 2012
Secret War Journal[23 March 2012]
Ah, fresh air! It really feels good to be in the mainland after many weeks at a resort island. Hahas, strangely enough, the first thing I did was to get a new pair of spectacles. I was kind of glad that one of the optical shops was able to manufacture a pair of spectacles despite the majority of the shops informing that they could only prepare the spectacles earliest by Monday evening. However, due to the superb customer service at Capitol Opticals, they were willing to go the extra mile to make my spectacles by Sunday afternoon. For that, I am really grateful.
New pair of Spectacles,... some of the few models allowed for army...

Catch your wave
After helping with my family with some house chores, I met up with Bao Lin, Cynthia, Jie Sheng, Siew Yan, and Wei Ting for some catching up. I had not met them for so many days, I wonder how everyone had been faring since. We planned to meet at Tampines MRT station. Apparently, I was the last person to arrive. Oops? I guess the most important person always arrives last! XD
When was the last time I actually set foot on this restaurant? I really couldn't remember! Hahas, but we sure ate quite fast there, the serving there must had been quite small. :p It was kinda nice to see everyone are still living a carefree life. It sorta makes quite envious really. :S
(Don't worry, Siew Yan, my body is quite screwed too. :P)

Originally, I planned to buy some stuff for next book-in today but I guess I was too caught up with returning to my former civilian life and just have fun with friends. I even managed to play a game of pinpall after many years since I last played arcade seriously. Ah, childhood! :)

At one point, they concluded that I should get something to cover my shaven head. I personally think I would look weird in those hats and whatnot (I have my eyes on a certain type though but it just does not fit the dress code here, sadly... and definitely not with my shaven head!) though they have a point, I should get something to cover my head. I look weird with a bald head too! >.<

"In my dreams I hear again the crash of guns, the rattle of musketry, the strange, mournful mutter of the battlefield." - Douglas MacArthur

0 comments:

Post a Comment