Board and Kites

Sunday, January 22, 2012
Secret War Journal[21 January 2012]

Morning rites

Today, I went to pay respects to my grandfather and my mother. So much had happened since the last time I came to see them. It has been only a month since; I had so much to say, so much to tell. Yet, when I came before them, I feel as though I have not enough time. Wanting to make good use of my time there, I was almost at a loss of word. I feel so useless then. Why can’t I say what I want to say in that short time?
I realized now, I was trying to say three sentences at the same time. My mind still could not sustain three threads of thoughts for such a long time.
Such a fool I was.

"Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov

Broken strings

I guess I had no time to mop around over my inability to say what I wanted. I just have to hope they are hearing my thoughts whenever it is directed at them, no matter where I am.
I have a tight schedule today but I didn’t tell people that. (Now you know. Aren’t it a bit late for that? Haha)
I went to the temple with my family, I left alone. Next destination – Sengkang Community Centre.
--
I received news that for today’s event, Johnston and Keller would not be able to join us. I can understand, Chinese New Year is round the corner, preparations had to be made. Nevertheless, I feel bad to call upon Meldon to organize such nature of outing when there are so few of us who can make it. After all, I am partly, if not mainly, responsible for the existence of the outing.
The original plan was to play kites and board games the whole day. I would be joining them in the afternoon but I had thought with 4 players, it would be enough to entertain each other until I arrive. But with 2 backing out, playing kite seems rather meaningless and it is difficult to play challenging games with only 2 players. You would need a minimum of three players.
By the time I arrived, I sensed that they were a bit exhausted though they commented that I look exhausted too (Tired from life or work, I wonder). Despite that, we managed to play a good round of Settlers, Munchkins and Monopoly Deal. At the end of the day, what’s important is that we had fun. :)
I guess, after all this, it was the way it was meant to be. It is better this way too; it is more comfortable talking Japanese-related stuff with them than any other people. It did help to put at ease, talking about such cheerful things. :)
In a blink of an eye, it was evening already. As we were about to leave, it started to rain. We decided to wait for the rain to subside by playing a few more rounds of board games, only to be rewarded with a heavy shower.
Since Meldon had pressing matters, he is volunteering :), we decided to run in the rain to reach the train station. I think we really had quite a bit fun doing that. Personally, it reminds me of my primary school days. Such innocence we had then. Hahas!

CNY Goodies!

Seeing them off at the train station, it is now time for the next thing I decided to attend to. It is time to pay a visit to my cousin’s house. My aunt had prepared goodies for Chinese New Year for my family! Thank you!
I feel bad that I am visiting my aunt’s house because she prepared something, is this world really about such matters? Is it?
I had a nice chat with my cousins and caught up with drama series that were currently being aired. Hahas! It had been such a long time since I last watched television. :)

Before heading home, I stopped by Cynthia’s house to settle some matters. It didn’t take long, I welcomed myself back home after that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment