Megamind and Résultats

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Secret War Journal[12 November 2010]

Official Promos Results

Ah, the verdict.
So yeah, I got promoted. For one reason or another, my economics was moderated up. So instead of a sub-pass (S), I have a E grade. Not bad, at least I officially pass...

But I'm still deciding whether I should drop though...I'm like at the opposite spectrum of distinction right now, dropping would be much more wise right now. Hmm....family ain't that much help since they don't even know what advice they giving when they don't even know what JC is... =.=|||

Maybe...

Megamind: The movie

Moving on, I recently watched the often-mentioned movie called Megamind!

This was organised by Lai Yin though I doubt she intended to watch a movie. Hahas!

Here's a bit of background information: XD

Well, originally Lai Yin wanted to organise a trip to Jurong Bird park (I still not very sure why...) with Jun Yong, Shi Min, Cynthia and I.

Well, obviously a lot of people didn't want to go there and Shi Min was not free (not very hard to figure, hahas) so she suggested going to Zoo (don't look at me, I don't know) or Shopping(I don't think Jun Yong will want to go that...)
To cut the story short, she decided to ask the 4D clique for shopping. Since it was so last minute, the couple couldn't make it, and Lai Yin actually didn't ask Guan Hui(so smart of her....=.=). Well, I figure she thought Guan Gui got lessons so she never asked (but we never know....)

Vanessa came and when we met up, (for the record, I tag along because I wanted to buy something, hahas!) she was wondering why a shopping outing out of the blue. (I agree on that but that's because no one wanted to go Bird Park or Zoo. XD)

Vanessa was thinking why not just catch a movie instead which I agreed straight away. (Note: Lai Yin was away during our planning. Heehee.)
We went to discuss what movies were on show right now. Vanessa wanted to watch the Social Network. I was fine with that.
Thus, that was our new plan to hijack Lai Yin's plan:
  • Go to Cinema
  • See the timeslots
  • Buy tickets, regardless of whether Lai Yin approve or not
  • Go watch movie
  • Continue Shopping
Did I mention Lai Yin was on a media fast? (Another queer thing about her.)

That made the plan not as easy as planned. Hahas. Lai Yin was very against watching movie. (The media fast was so extreme, apparently she did not play PS3 at Laura's house. :O Wow.)

Wonder what prompted her annual media fast. But anyway, we're not going to let a simple media fast interrupt our plans! Hahas!

So began our conquest to drag her to the ticketing booth to buy the tickets. That was the easy part.

However, there was a slight change of plans, the Cinema at Bugis Junction was not airing The Social Network. Vanessa and I made a compromise and went to buy 3 tickets for Megamind instead.
Well, I have heard quite a lot about Megamind from friends and the feedback was rather positive so I figure it would be a nice movie. :)

Here comes the really crazy part, right after we bought our tickets, Lai Yin announced to us that she was going home, we can watch the movies by ourselves.

*Shocked*

At this moment, Lai Yin started some "hide-and-seek" game which was took us in circles in search for her. That made Vanessa sort of pissed. :O
Well, can't blame her, who could had thought there are people so opposed to a simple movie screening? :O

After all those craziness, we managed to convince her to stay at a shop called "Guess".

Guess what? Vanessa and I had no clue where that shop was. Hahas!
Best part? The shop was just near the entrance of Bugis Junction. So epic fail for me man, hahas. I never knew that bag shop there was called "Guess". =.=
--
Final compromise after negotiation with Lai Yin (we sort of did this at the Coffee Bean in Illuma):

She would go in with us since we already bought the tickets, don't want to waste that ticket. (and it would be awkward.)
Since she's on a media fast. We provided her with a solution: Just go in, and sleep. Hahahas!

We went for the movie. The rest of them was too full since we going for snacks after luncc but I ordered a medium popcorn with drinks since I felt strange to go into a cinema empty-handed without the usual eating(habits, I guess). They convinced me not to go for the large popcorn, hahas!

So, in the end, our plan succeeded hahas!
--
Well, the movie was definitely worth the money spent. :)
The plot was well-written but I'm a sucker for the subtle reenactment tactics(not sure if the rest realised that) so I could be bias, heehee.


Furthermore, Megamind belonged to my favourite genre of movies - Comedy so naturally, if it is able to give me a decent laugh, I would give it an above average rating. ;)
But I must admit, the beginning was like a joke drought, nothing funny happened there. :O Can't really blame them though, the technique they use for the beginning don't really have much room for jokes. But hey, once the jokes comes, the fun begins. ;)

Oh, and Lai Yin? She didn't manage to sleep in the cinema in the end. She ended up watching after skipping the first few parts. (maybe 30 minutes?)

We all knew she would end up watching the movie, no? >=D

Now, shopping resume. Hahas!

Shopping! (Again?!)

Well, that day, we bought presents for Pei Shi and Debbie (a bit late, but it's the thought that count. :P)

Lai Yin keep patronise this childish looking shop which Vanessa started to pull Lai Yin away after the third time we ended up at this shop. (Super funny I tell you.)

Vanessa? She spent all on food. Hahas! (P.S: Don't kill me! XD)

After heading home, I bought some stuff for myself. Another off the wishlist for this year. Yes! I think I spent a lot this year though, a bit broke. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment