Secret War Journal[21 Dec 2008]

Sunday, December 21, 2008
21 December 2008, 冬至
Right, I have not posted for sometime now. You may not be glad to know that I'm still rushing homework. Haiz. Blame the school for so much homework assigned to us. LOL! Okay, we're partly at fault for being lazy-bums. LOL?

Today is 冬至 and in Chinese Customs, we have to pay our respects to our ancestors. I didn't really bothered to check but if you are so kind, please tell me how this tradition came about. ;)

As I was saying, today is 冬至 and I have to wake up rather early to go to the temple and give offerings to our ancestors. My father had woke up even earlier to buy meat and vegetables for my mother to cook during next week. Well, he's a early waker. I'm not T.T

Woke up like a zombie today. Haiz..And didn't eat breakfast. The hard bread just spoil my mood to eat(even though I baked it....I just don't feel like eating..). My mother later asked me to turn on the computer because our grandmother-in-law will be going online later. Oh well.

Then my father came back. Got scolded early in the morning, totally lost any mood to talk to anyone right then.

I just getting ignored here. Grr..I hate this...lol...

Anyway, we later went to our grandmother's house to help carry the offerings to my father's car.
Then, there was a change of plans. My father felt thirsty and told me to buy him coffee and buy my sister and myself some breakfast. He gave me a $10 note and left.

Bought coffee but still don't felt like eating so I did not buy anything. Since my sister ate breakfast at home, she didn't felt hungry.

Before it confuse you any further, my younger brother and my mother didn't tag along.

So yeah, we picked up our Grandmother and to the temple we went.

My aunt and her daughter have already arrived.
Shush, our family lost the race again(yesterday, we went to grandmother's house too, we're second...too...)

Wonder where's Qi Xian. Always the last. LOL? Okay, not always but often. ;p

We place the food in front of the tablets of our ancestors with lots of food. It's always a feast. Hahas...

Then we, the cousins who were there, yuki. Ziyu all got lame and played with my younger sister. LOL..No sweets there.

Then we went for lunch at the first floor of the temple. Along the way, Qi Xian and his family arrived.
I had bee hoon, as do the rest of my cousins and sister.

I tell you, my younger sister very sad. She did not like to eat alot of stuffs for lunch(weird girl...)

She at first didn't want the fried vegetables with flour, that food went to yuki's plate(=p)
She then didn't want to eat the beancurd, that food went to ziyu's plate(=p)
All the nice food some more.LOL!

She end up eating rice with green vegetables. OMG.....Okay, she still have watermelon.

She also did not want the tea, I took it, was thirsty. Hah.

Qi Xian arrived. He started to play with my younger sister, taking the watermelon.

OHH! HAHA, my younger sister likes the watermelon and didn't want to give away. She actually keep looking at Qi Xian. She even placed her fork on the watermelon. I guess that was meant to prevent Qi Xian from taking the watermelon. Not sure how though.

My father arrived later with his plate of food, though he later went out to join grandmother and eat together.

When my younger sister finally eat finish her rice and vegetable, you should have seen how fast she mouthed down the watermelon.

A big slice of watermelon finished off three mouthfuls. OUCH!....


This time, a few things are different. We did not actually take a joss stick and 'talk' to our ancestors. First time this happened. I think the elders forgot or something. I spent the rest of the time reading the book Marcus passed to me.

Though later we did play some childish games. BUT IT WAS FUN!. LOL....

Hey I got the piah from the trip again. I have not ate it yet, wonder when is the best time to eat it. Hmm...

After that we went to our grandmother-i-law's house. I would rather not talk about it.

The situation had really soured a lot since my real mother's death. So if I post it here, it will not be pretty. Serious, believe me.

After that, I went to Rivervale mall and had a haircut.

Phew! Finally get rid of my long hair. It's so hard to make sure my fringe didn't interfere with my daily work because it kept coming to block my eyesight.
Good riddance, I say.
After that I also went to buy my new school shoes. I hope it can actually last an year. LOL.
My previous shoes in actual fact cannot stay in good condition for a year, should be around 8 months.
Poor quality shoes for such a heavy price tag. GRr..

Wonder what would happen to my shoes since this current pair is like way cheaper than my previous pair.

Opps? Help pray for my shoes' safety. LOL?

I also bought two 10KG bag of rice and two bag of plain flour. Opf..Heavy...I dragged them back to my home(with a trolley, of course).

AND FINALLY, dinner! Yeah! We had our home-cooked rice and soup and chicken from a chicken rice stall. WOOT!

And my father was complaining their soup no business..lol

Who can beat chicken rice? HAHA...somemore me all-time favourite since young. HAHA!

Don't worry, dad! We will finish the soup tomorrow for lunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment