Wandering in the Wild

Monday, August 20, 2012
Secret War Journal[13 - 17 August 2012]

Phew, I am back from yet another field camp!

From the field camps, I am very sure that I am not a person suited for extreme outdoor activities. After every field camp, I always emerge out of it feeling as though some of part of me died in there. The feeling is definitely not good, in my opinion.

Yet, from the horrible exercise, I travelled in the forest. Armed with a map and a compass, I navigated in the forest and managed to not get lost in there. Of which, I am glad. Hahas. Navigating in the wilds is much different from our simple navigation in urban areas, say mainland Singapore. The severe lack of prominent landmarks in the vicinity really makes navigation tough as it takes a lot more effort to find out where you are if you ever find out you took a wrong turn.

I also learnt other military drills there but that is not for you to know. ;)
--
Nevertheless, I am glad that my section mates were around during the field camp to help me survive through it. Yes, we were all tired and could not wait to leave the place but we still persevered and help each other out. In such tough times, I think it stand for something.
--
With the closure of this exercise, perhaps the most challenging activity in the Foundation Term of my cadet life has passed. However, there are still a few high-risk activities remaining. Until I clear them, I cannot declare that I have survived the Foundation Term. :O
--
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand

0 comments:

Post a Comment