Pitch Perfect 2

Friday, May 15, 2015
Secret War Journal[14 May 2015][Spoiler Alert]
There are really a lot of movies to catch this season. Continuing down my invisible movie bucket list, we are going to catch the much anticipated Pitch Perfect 2.

To be frank, before last week, this movie was not on my list. (I am sorry to all the fans out there. It was not intentional.) I was informed of its greatness when my cousin went for its sneak preview. She gave good reviews on it. Naturally, I am all psyched to watch it. :P

Ever since then, I had been finding opportunities to watch it. Indeed, one day, the opportunity came. During a lunch catch up session with Cynthia, Jie Sheng and Wei Ting, we decided to head over to Seletar Mall for a movie. Jie Sheng, who also wanted to watch Pitch Perfect 2 too, was agreeable to the idea of watching it.

Bear with me here, I did not watch Pitch Perfect 1. (I was told I did not need to really watch the first one. I was not misled. :) As a result, I cannot say I can fully grasp the meaning behind every scenes. What I do know is that, this is definitely not a movie suitable for children. At least I would not recommend to children. There are many mature (, sexist, and racist) jokes which I felt would not be appropriate for them to watch.

(I went to check again, it is rated PG-13 for sexual reference. Wow)

That aside, the performances were really good. I mean really good. No wonder people were recommending this. As strange as it may sound, I actually felt that Das Sound Machine performed better than the Bellas. I mean, yes, I see the value of having an 'original' song among the mashup but I think most people would frown about that in A cappella (or am I wrong?). The performance by Das Sound Machine was really more solid, professional and impressive. They really felt professional while the Bellas looked like they were just performing for a CCA (which they both literally are, I guess that was meant to be the joke). Hence, I was really confused how the Bellas managed to win Das Sound Machine in the finals. *Scratches head*

But that is just me thinking too much. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment