Let's Talk NTU 2015

Monday, January 26, 2015
Secret War Journal[24 January 2015]
Prospective students thronged Let’s Talk NTU 2015 on Saturday to hear about NTU’s holistic programmes and diverse curriculum from professors and students.

But wait a minute, I am already a student of NTU, what am I doing there? I was one of the ambassadors along with my fellow coursemates.

I was in the afternoon shift and as it turns out, my lab supervisor for CZ1003 last semester was there too. I was really happy when he found me familiar. He's a south korean professor working in NTU and he is really friendly. After talking with him, he begun to recognise my coursemates who came with me too.

As an ambassador, our job was to answer any queries that the visitors may have on our course. Since this exhibition is largely meant for future students. Many people who attended the exhibition were polytechnic and junior college students. In addition, some were accompanied by parents. Usual questions include the eligibility to exempt certain courses and cut-off points for the course. Many should be happy to note that both Poly and JC students are eligible for exemptions in certain circumstances. (Mmm, I should probably write a post regarding this when I am free. That would useful for interested readers, no?)

This year's goodie bags are actually pretty decent. A cute little bear, notebooks, pen light, and pens were some of the goodies being given today. However, I heard that the turnout for this year was less than last year's. This can be attributed for the lack of publicity this year. (I am sorry for not mentioning this earlier, I was busy with work, evidently. Hahas)

Personally, I really enjoyed the experience today. It was really fun sharing your school experience with potential juniors. That said, I should be participating in future ambassador events. (Next one being, RNS Men Talk 2015 [COE])

After the exhibition, my peers and I headed off to Bugis Steamboat street (as I call it) and enjoyed some great steamboat to celebrate our great work today. :)

leroylim20's Lets Talk NTU 2015 album on Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment