Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Thursday, December 23, 2010
Secret War Journal[11 December 2010]
Well, today, there is a meeting about a particular event that I would be involved in. It's called "Let's take a walk 2010". It's a charity walk which my class would be helping out at as part of our CIP hours project of sorts.

My class agreed to meet at Woodlands MRT station. Apparently, we were suppose to meet at some place called Boys' Town which should be located somewhere in Bukit Timah. Well, being someone who had lived under a rock for the past 10 years, I had no clue how to get there myself. (It's too far north to my liking)

I don't really like Woodlands either, (It's also located in the North. Zzz), but I guess that's the lesser evil compared to tampines because it's very inaccessible, not to mention my bad experience there.

Got a lift from my uncle who brought all the way to Yishun so that I can easily get to Woodlands, (from there, it's a just a few stops to Woodlands via MRT). I'm really glad that my uncle offered me to bring me to Yishun though I feel a bit bad because they could have taken their own time to have breakfast but they had to come out in a certain time to prevent me for being late. :S Really appreciated. :)

Took a bus to the place called Boys' Town.

Speaking of which, we passed by a LRT Station called Pending. One may thinking the station status is pending but it's actually the station name! Hahas! In fact, a few days after the meeting, the newspaper actually came out with a report on how misleading "Pending" Station was. ;)

When we reached the entrance of Boys' Town. We encountered the security guard. When he was asked about the briefing (well, we needed directions, it was a big big place. :), he commented that the meeting was in the morning and it was already going to be over.

(That turned out to be a scare as he mixed up our briefing with the walkers' briefing which was held on the same day, same place but on 9AM to 12 noon. Our briefing, being volunteers to help out, was from 12 noon onwards. :)

Nevertheless, to those who heard the conversation (I doubt many cared anyway), I guessed that rattled them for a moment.

It took some time before we finally arrived at our destination. We were a tad early and there wasn't really anyone else except us and the organisers. The briefing was short and brief. It was concluded with a statement that emails would be sent with more details which settled everything else.

After the meeting, we headed for Causeway Point for lunch. Following this was a very impromptu movie outing. Hahas!

Chronicles of Narnia
 Well, the movie wasn't bad. I guess you could call the movie average. Thrilling? Not exactly, it's more about the lore. Many things left unexplained and some parts felt skipped.

The dragon design was very awkward too.

Overall, I doubt this movie is worth the cinema ticket price. You should just wait for the movie to aired free on television some day when you're really bored.

It's saving grace would the subtle magic used in the movie. It's at least of decent quality. :)

Sadly, the magic showcased are not very elaborate so fans of magic could be disappointed as the magic is considered rather minimal compared to other movies and not meant for people to focus on. Like I said, subtle magic, I guess its role is just to supplement the atmosphere and the likes.

After the movie, I had to rush off to my Grandma's house! It's been a long time since I visited since my family visit in odd weeks while my aunt's family visit weekly. ^^

Had chicken chop for dinner! Yum! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment