Post-Promos 2010

Sunday, October 17, 2010
Secret War Journal[16 October 2010]
JC PROMOS
It's been some time since I talked about exams so I guess it is a suitable time to talk about one of the most critical examination in JC, apart from the dreaded A Levels of course.

Without further ado, let's discuss about my results first.
  • General Papers(GP) AKA English -- 55 (C)
  • Chinese, Mother Tongue Language -- 52 (D)
  • Chemistry -- 58.5 (C)
  • Economics -- 42.3 (S)
  • Physics -- 71 (A)
  • Mathematics -- 90 (A)
At the last day of Promos, I was sort of 'lectured' by Mr Goh which I sort of deserved because I did not have the motivation to study for Promos at all. As the above picture suggested, I think Promos robs students of social life and I sorta went to rebel against that notion and slacked during Promos. So I sort of deserve the poor results, I guess. But I must THANK GOD because I felt so sure I was going to fail Chemistry when the paper ended. Without God's help, I would had failed GP and Chemistry.

After Promos ended, I was primarily worried for my GP, Chemistry and Economics (as always). Though Econs I still failed in the end bcause it's a sub-pass, at least it wasn't a complete fail which would be ungraded.

Chemistry was difficult because there really wasn't enough time to finish the paper and my brain got cooked by mircowaves in 0.3 seconds when I saw the word "solubility" and my brain just melted on the spot. I could not even attempt another question after I saw that word. Haiz...

Physics was actually the first paper I got back and I was relieved that I secured an A because it was one of two paper I had confidence in. It made me slightly hopeful though it was a bit sad it was a borderline A. O.o

Mathematics was sort of well, I'm slightly disappointed with myself because I was hoping for a full marks. Hahas, arrogant me. Actually, it is partly because it was the paper that I had the most confidence on. I guess when you have too high expectations, it is easier for you to get disappointed. 

So of great concern now is no longer about retaining but whether to drop Economics. It's a painful decision. I think my father hinted that I should not drop today when I told him that my Economics fared the worst. I am also worried if I decide to continue as a H2 Economics, would the struggle be for naught? So many insecurities, so little answers. If only I knew....

You know what is sad about my life? I had not officially had a post-promos fun activity yet. It's so sad. Everyone's busy even after exams because PW are coming at us at full speed ahead.

This is probably the first time I am doing school work right after examinations. It's totally insane.
I feel so sad, someone please cheer me up now. This instance! Anyway, never-mind because by tomorrow, I will be normal again. XD
(Updated on 18 Oct: I was wrong, got into a worse mood. =.=)

Yesterday, I went back to my secondary school to help out for juniors since their O levels are about to start in 1 weeks' time? Met Leroy, Yiting, Keller, Ian, CaiFeng, Wufong, and many others. Yeah, it was fun to be back there.


Apart from this, hardly anything significant happened after Promos.....

Sometimes, we just want you to be happy even if we don't like the outcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment